Quantcast

Beginning off a new project

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
yeah they are carbon and are plenty strong for my weight,but i whanna have a carbon DH bar with less rise than this one,thinking about a Enve or Schmolke low riser bars.

Yes im happy with the 77 stem,looks allot cleaner than my old DM stem and is 20g lighter:)

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
My Downhill season is done for this year and im now only doing enduro/trail riding till the new season kicks off,i have sold my boxxer world cup and im now into looking for a new fork for the new season.

So my two choices will be between a Manitou Dorado or Fox 40 FIT 2012 Kashima,i have no intention to buy a Boxxer again because i whanna try a other fork brand.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
My Downhill season is done for this year and im now only doing enduro/trail riding till the new season kicks off,i have sold my boxxer world cup and im now into looking for a new fork for the new season.

So my two choices will be between a Manitou Dorado or Fox 40 FIT 2012 Kashima,i have no intention to buy a Boxxer again because i whanna try a other fork brand.
Any of them or the 888 will be better than your Boxxer. Keen to try the Dorradoes, hopefully the new Fox is better.

get a 2012 888 evo ti, i have a 2010 and its a beauty.
I'd agree, loving my 888s(Avy cart, but stock cart was good).

aanon

Chimp
Nov 21, 2008
south oz
Sensational build, and an amazing weight.
It's refreshing to see you doing it your way without the marketing ''you need it '' BS that seems rife these days.
Props.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
I've waited pretty long for it but it finally came in yesterday & im pretty happy with it:),the same day when i shipped my Boxxer to the new owner so im down to a Boxxer again unless the Dorado uses 35mm upper tubes for their top crown?.

168g incl Ti bolt hardware on my scale,eventually not lighter than the stock crowns but it will make my cockpit of the bike allot lower:D

RedOne

Monkey
May 27, 2007
Nuremberg, Germany
I've waited pretty long for it but it finally came in yesterday & im pretty happy with it:),the same day when i shipped my Boxxer to the new owner so im down to a Boxxer again unless the Dorado uses 35mm upper tubes for their top crown?.

168g incl Ti bolt hardware on my scale,eventually not lighter than the stock crowns but it will make my cockpit of the bike allot lower:D
Dorado Stanchions are more like 40mm, you need a 36mm tool for the topcaps.
But the stock Dorado crown is already very very light, lighter than your CNC'd part i think.