Quantcast

Begun, the robot wars has

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This could be the fastest or slowest accident in history. Fastest in that they have an absolute visual of the situation that led to the accident - did she run out between cars? Was she on the phone? Looking the wrong way? Longest - Why didn't the driver catch it? Was she clearly visible and the car just clobbered her without reason? Was she life insurancing?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
This could be the fastest or slowest accident in history. Fastest in that they have an absolute visual of the situation that led to the accident - did she run out between cars? Was she on the phone? Looking the wrong way? Longest - Why didn't the driver catch it? Was she clearly visible and the car just clobbered her without reason? Was she life insurancing?
when it struck the woman, who was crossing the street outside of a crosswalk, the Tempe police said in a statement. The episode happened on Sunday around 10 p.m.
I'll take "drunk co-ed runs into traffic" for $1000 Alex.

Lets hope they decide NOT to put A.I.s into cars
Yeah, because natural intelligence has such a great track record behind the wheel. :rolleyes:

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Yeah, because natural intelligence has such a great track record behind the wheel. :rolleyes:
If we let the car think for itself, it will quickly learn this and kill us off like the parasites we are. Imagine your car deciding for itself that you are a terrible person and are better off dead and drives itself off a cliff with you in it.... on second thought, lets put A.I.s into cars.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
If we let the car think for itself, it will quickly learn this and kill us off like the parasites we are. Imagine your car deciding for itself that you are a terrible person and are better off dead and drives itself off a cliff with you in it.... on second thought, lets put A.I.s into cars.
See - you're starting to come around... most people aren't as open-minded as yourself. :D

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Heh. 16 pedestrians die EVERY day at the hand of human drivers.
Hell, that's a normal day in downtown Anchorage. Drunk people try to pass through the snow-filled sides and medians all the times outside of cross-walks and get creamed by cars all the time. Sometimes they just pass out halfway across the intersection or try and beat a car across (car usually wins).

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
if I was gunna make a horror flick tomorrow (which I won’t) it would be, “Killer robort ebikes from earth”. All the sexy girls would get run down and thrown off by evil self piloting bikes. Only the lone pedaling hero would save the day by pedaling up to the radio tower to unplug some shit. He gets laid by the way and lots of bikes get hurt during filming. But tomorrow isn’t that day.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
if I was gunna make a horror flick tomorrow (which I won’t) it would be, “Killer robort ebikes from earth”. All the sexy girls would get run down and thrown off by evil self piloting bikes. Only the lone pedaling hero would save the day by pedaling up to the radio tower to unplug some shit. He gets laid by the way and lots of bikes get hurt during filming. But tomorrow isn’t that day.
So we can expect it next week?

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
They must have a camera in the car, I want video before I care either way.

I doubt Terminator X-90 was really out to kill.

Not that I don't feel sorry for the loss of life.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Heh. 16 pedestrians die EVERY day at the hand of human drivers.

Still safer to let the robots do it.

Just more evidence that people are TERRIBLE at assessing risk... :rolleyes:
While I agree with you on the essence of what you're saying, I think this is a bad example to use. How many human drivers are there? How many robot drivers are there? so... yeah

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The police chief will also "likely" side with the robots. He might still be hedging his bets though.
At least the car doesn’t have a robot that gets out and shoots the people it hits....yet