Quantcast

Bellingham DJ Park work

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Posted in the Galbraithmt.com forum by Mark Peterson:

Yo Dirt Jumpers-

Patrick Doll (winner of last years Belly BIG Air contest) is spearheading the efforts to get the Civic Dirt Jump track into primo condition for the season.

We will be getting a load of dirt and a mini-excavator for March 12th to dial in all the lines and make a few changes to beginner jumps too.

We really need about 15 folks ready to do some digging and shaping of the jumps. If you have shovels please bring them.

Meet at the Civic DJ track @ 10:00am Saturday 3/12/05.

Thanks in advance!!!

WHIMPs Prez

PS: if anyone interested could you please respond to the forum. It would suck to get the dirt and pay for the equipment rental and have no volunteers show.
So, I'll be there.... anyone else?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Really cool deal you guys got goin up there. Did a last minute ride last week at Galby and saw a couple WHIMPS guys building some pretty cool bridge rides out of fallen trees up at Family Fun Center. We all stopped for a few minutes and helped out, and was really stoked to see the bridge over the mud, and that optional skinny on the side. Nice nice work. :thumb:

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
You lil Bi*ches never come up here. WHat up with that?
That's my birfday weekend as well.
You guys still coming?

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Skookum said:
Really cool deal you guys got goin up there. Did a last minute ride last week at Galby and saw a couple WHIMPS guys building some pretty cool bridge rides out of fallen trees up at Family Fun Center. We all stopped for a few minutes and helped out, and was really stoked to see the bridge over the mud, and that optional skinny on the side. Nice nice work. :thumb:
Hey, I was riding there at the same time, just a different trail. That trail is actually cedar dust. ;)
Anyone with jump building experience is welcome for sure!

SVEN

Sponsor Whore
Feb 9, 2002
here and there, sometimes
Did the work party at the DJ's happen? I couldn't make it but I stay in B-Ham every wednesday night for work, so I was gonna bring my bike this week if they were worked on. Excited to hit them up, nice lines there. Anyone wanna ride wednesday night(s)?

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
SVEN said:
Did the work party at the DJ's happen? I couldn't make it but I stay in B-Ham every wednesday night for work, so I was gonna bring my bike this week if they were worked on. Excited to hit them up, nice lines there. Anyone wanna ride wednesday night(s)?
....Next saturday is the work party, the 12th. If you ride it this week, it will not be fixed, however, you could tell us what might need to be fixed.

Huckermatt

Chimp
Sep 14, 2003
South Lake, WA
I plan on going up to help out, I don't know If AJ has to work or not, so give me a call bibs and we'll roll out. I told too many people that I was going up there, so if I don't show up I'm gonna get f****d with...... :stosh:

SVEN

Sponsor Whore
Feb 9, 2002
dwaugh said:
....Next saturday is the work party, the 12th. If you ride it this week, it will not be fixed, however, you could tell us what might need to be fixed.
Was out there today, all alone. Jumps were in need of work, but not too bad. Mud needs to be shaved away, some of the lips could use some shaving. Overrall cleanup is all they really need. I mainly did the line all the way to the left, next to the big line. The ruts and mud were scrubbing my speed a little bit, but a day of work will easily take care of that. The big line has obviously not been ridden for a while, it needs the most work. Also, the main line down the middle, to the right of the big line, looked great except for first lip, it needed to be shaped and shaved a tad so it isn't all rutted out.

Wish I could help out on Sat. Anyone wanna meet me out there next wednesday, the 16th?

SVEN

Sponsor Whore
Feb 9, 2002
One other thing, the far left line was a little weird. The first one I could easily overshoot, but it was tough to clear the second. Maybe the first one could be built up to provide more flow and pump through the set. I think maybe just shaving away the mud and ruts might do it, but maybe the need to be built up a little differently. It may have just been me, though, I'm a little rusty.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
The far left line is a line that was made not with the original park, so it wasn't made the greatest. We'll fix it up so it works. I'll let the group know what you said. What time next Wednesday? I might want to go.

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
So who's coming up from seatown?
Matt, AJ, Cory......???
Bueller?
I drove off with my phone on my roof and subsequently lost it.
So post it here if you guys are in for sure.
Lates.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Hey David,

Do you know anything about the plans to seed for grass? I know that was in the original plan with the City but nothing ever came of it last year due to $$. A few of us from the team will be there, when you all planning on being there? I can't stay long, I have a final on monday and two on tuesday plus a project due tuesday so I have a ton of work to get done this weekend.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Hey, I'll be there at 10:00. I emailed Leslie about some stuff and she said:

My understanding is that there is $5,000 that was donated to the WHIMPS for improvements to the site, including seeding. It could probably be used for a rules sign as well.
So, somehow we'll figure this out. See ya there!

Huckermatt

Chimp
Sep 14, 2003
South Lake, WA
ride said:
So who's coming up from seatown?
Matt, AJ, Cory......???
Bueller?
I drove off with my phone on my roof and subsequently lost it.
So post it here if you guys are in for sure.
Lates.
Yo! Me and AJ are coming up for sure on Fri night. Get a hold of us if possible.......

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
More from Mark:

Dirt Jumper folks,

We have lined up a new load of dirt for the park to be delivered today and we have a mini excavator on line too. Now we just need some diggers and wheelbarrowers to make it all happen.

If anyone that is planning on coming can bring a wheelbarrow and their shovels that would be great.

We'll be starting at 10:00am on this Saturday 3/12/05.

SVEN

Sponsor Whore
Feb 9, 2002
dwaugh said:
The far left line is a line that was made not with the original park, so it wasn't made the greatest. We'll fix it up so it works. I'll let the group know what you said. What time next Wednesday? I might want to go.
I want to bet there around 3:30, cuz I have a Galbraith ride (my first) starting at 4:30. If I don't get a chance, then I ma stick around and jump thursday starting around 2 or 3.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
This is today folks, I'm heading out there around 11:15-11:30 for about an hour, if I didn't have 4 finals next week and a project I'd stay longer... but I gotta hit the books.