Quantcast

Bender sequence @ Red bull Rampage

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
BMXman said:
hmm...from what I'm reading some folks in here seem jealous because Bender has achieved some degree of fame and they haven't...so put away the haterade and support a fellow rider...D

Ride(or whatever you wanna call it) with him for like an hour, and THEN try to say that. We call him meathead around here for a reason, dude. I was around him for LESS than a half hour and had my helmet in hand ready to knock his front teeth out my way. The guy is seriously just DUMB. We were in 3 fights in 30 minutes because he simply did not get my jokes. Definately Daddy's special kid...
But hey, whatever, suck his d*ck all you want.... And don't ever call him a "fellow rider" bro, he doesn't ride WITH anyone, it's only "watch me." Atleast that's what it is when he isn't pussin' out of one 8' huck or another.

HuckNorris

Chimp
Jun 2, 2005
i huck to live
THRILLSEEKA said:
Ride(or whatever you wanna call it) with him for like an hour, and THEN try to say that. We call him meathead around here for a reason, dude. I was around him for LESS than a half hour and had my helmet in hand ready to knock his front teeth out my way. The guy is seriously just DUMB. We were in 3 fights in 30 minutes because he simply did not get my jokes. Definately Daddy's special kid...
But hey, whatever, suck his d*ck all you want.... And don't ever call him a "fellow rider" bro, he doesn't ride WITH anyone, it's only "watch me." Atleast that's what it is when he isn't pussin' out of one 8' huck or another.
damn, you sound hellza tuff brah. :rolleyes:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
THRILLSEEKA said:
hmm..looks like I hit a nerve...oh and the "suck his d*ck" comment...what are you five years old!....and since does one have to ride with someone else to be considered a rider??....sorry didn't know you were so sensitive!...D

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Although I'm a newbie to this thread, I say you throw down New York style: tape your left hands together and hold a knife in the right. Last one standing wins.

I respect Bender because he is a rider who is not afraid to push the limits, even if he hasn't progressed in his entire time as a mountain biker...

BMXman, you're almost there. It isn't that they don't support a fellow rider. I'm pretty sure that 99% of the people on this forum would give a spare tube to a fellow rider with a flat they met on the trail. It's that Bender is just plain dumb, and people don't like him for that reason. I'm sure that there are some bitter people out there who resent him for his ability to ride his bike off of things that normal people would be afraid to ever approach the edge of on a windy day. It isn't the fact that Bender has acheived fame, though. Call it poor knowledge of how suspension works (no rebound even after being bucked how many times?), or the fact that he makes people want to throw down after 30 minutes (like THRILLSEEKEA's case), but for some reason, there are a lot of people who don't like him. It's just like Michael Jackson - I respect him as a musician - he's one hell of a musician. One of the best. But as a person, he's dumb as a brick. Listen to him talk for 30 seconds (or see him on CNN) and you'll realize why he's not an accountant or a geologist right away.

People, in general, are just dumb. Bender is a good example of this. He just happens to be good at throwing himself off of 41 foot cliffs on 18 pound frames, so he gets a little more attention than the average Joe.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Radarr said:
It isn't the fact that Bender has acheived fame, though. Call it poor knowledge of how suspension works (no rebound even after being bucked how many times?), or the fact that he makes people want to throw down after 30 minutes (like THRILLSEEKEA's case), but for some reason, there are a lot of people who don't like him. It's just like Michael Jackson - I respect him as a musician - he's one hell of a musician. One of the best. But as a person, he's dumb as a brick. Listen to him talk for 30 seconds (or see him on CNN) and you'll realize why he's not an accountant or a geologist right away.

People, in general, are just dumb. Bender is a good example of this. He just happens to be good at throwing himself off of 41 foot cliffs on 18 pound frames, so he gets a little more attention than the average Joe.
Good words, bro.
Huck, you're missing the point. I wasn't TRYING to sound tuff. The point is that he was able to get ME to the point of clobbering him with my helmet. I'm very had to get pissed off, everything amuses me. The fact that he even got me pissed makes me pissed!
And for the last time, he IS NOT "pushing the limits" of ANYTHING!!! His crap is always the same! Pushing the Limits would be picking a sick line, cleaning it, stepping it up, cleaning it, stepping it up more and cleaning it. That's what it is supposed to be about! I had to sit and listen to the jackass tell me he was going for a "100 footer" WHILE he was getting up from eating poo on a little 8' ladder drop that the BMXers were nailing. No kidding necessary, I've got it on vid. We bust it out when we need to demonstrate what a true moron is. I just wish he would save the bike and just jump off it. It would save him an injury since there would be no 70 pound bike to hit him in the back of the head upon landing.

I mean, C'MON!!! I watched him hit a bright green utility pole at 1 mile an hour and fall on his freaking head while riding to the bike shop!!!!! He's a dumbsh*t!!!
I'm done here. Elvis has left the building.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i would like to see this video of bender falling on an 8ft ladder. he nolonger rides that mostrosity of a bike, now it is a banshee scream with dorado, or that new one they have.

HuckNorris

Chimp
Jun 2, 2005
i huck to live
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i would like to see this video of bender falling on an 8ft ladder. he nolonger rides that mostrosity of a bike, now it is a banshee scream with dorado, or that new one they have.
Bender has a lot more skill than that foolio is trying to claim. Everyone has a bad day or two of riding, including you, me, and Bender. Just because Bender wasn't riding like a rock star the day or 2 that you rode with him, does't mean that he has no skill. :rolleyes:

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
yeah hes good... he lacks some style, but hes having fun and making money. every thead about bender should be shut down, because losers like to critisize the dude. really who gives a ****, do you think bender will read this and get his feelings hurt or something?. i dont think anyone bashing bender on the internet will get him to change his style or quit riding. even when he cant get a movie part anymore, he'll probably still be riding. ill admit, its not my cup of tea, but i give him props for what hes did for the sport in the early years.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
dirtjumpP.1 - you going to be riding Sunday? I'm going to be up in Spokane riding Beacon with a couple buddies. We can find some huge curbs to huck off.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
Radarr said:
dirtjumpP.1 - you going to be riding Sunday? I'm going to be up in Spokane riding Beacon with a couple buddies. We can find some huge curbs to huck off.
have fun... you cant huck curbs in the rain

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Whatever. The rain made the hucking even better because you could land in puddles and splash water everywhere.

It was really cool, but that's what we're guessing. There was too much mud in our eyes to really see what was going on.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Yeah, I hit it up a couple times. I love that jump. We actually spent a lot of time sessioning that new double about half-way down the old course.

Did you see that they tore Grant's 35 footer out?

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
I've got a hilarious video of me hitting that step-up. Picture a rear-wheel heavy take-off, then a vertical bike with a guy tucked into a really small cannonball, then a big thump. It's awesome.

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
Bender was at Angel Fire this weekend. I rode with him quite a bit. He's no racer but he doesn't really care to be. He just wanted to hit the lift tower mounds. He was riding as much or more than all the racers. Just not as fast..
He's headed back to Virgin to pick up his new ride. I think a frame weight of 18.73 lbs is perfect for a guy like bender. Like dhtahogayhole said, he breaks everything.
Sender Bender - It's perfect

HuckNorris

Chimp
Jun 2, 2005
i huck to live
flymybike said:
Bender was at Angel Fire this weekend. I rode with him quite a bit. He's no racer but he doesn't really care to be. He just wanted to hit the lift tower mounds. He was riding as much or more than all the racers. Just not as fast..
He's headed back to Virgin to pick up his new ride. I think a frame weight of 18.73 lbs is perfect for a guy like bender. Like dhtahogayhole said, he breaks everything.
Sender Bender - It's perfect
custom cornfields rawk hardcore. :evil: