Quantcast

bender

budgetrider

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
crazybiker300 said:
what makes him great if he cant land stuff? anyone can throw themselves off a cliff, but sometimes that descresion theat tells them not to go off it shows more skill than actually doing it. it shows you know the limits of your bike, and your personal limits. **** bender

wade is a better bender
The only reason Wade, Schley, or anyone else for that matter appear to have more style and are smoother than Bender is because they started out on BMX. If you have enough skills to be a second rate BMX'er, then you've got what it takes to be a Superstar freerider.

BMX is the origin of everythin. First dual suspensions were BMX's in the 70's. First Hucking done by BMX's. Full face helmets? BMX. Body armour? BMX.

God? Rides BMX.

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
i might not like Benders style much, cause i dont know his style...

but i remember my transition from XC to DH was trigered by a video i bought cause it said in the box a guy was jumping off a 50 ft drop... yes, it was Bender... and i can still laugh about this line: "life is short not to go big, gotta go big"

but gotta thank the guy... i ride a VP-Free with a 66 and hadleys cause of that drop... previous ride: pro-flex XC rig....

I evolved... jejejeje

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
I've never seen bender ride anything but a few huge drops that I don't think anyone could land. Really, I have no clue what kind of rider Bender is but considering how famous he is...he must be a fairly good rider. I wouldn't doubt that.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
Bender is ****ing stupid end of story. A lot of the drops he takes are doable by a lot of riders, it just takes the stupidity which he has. Style and Flow will rule over big sloppy hits any day

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
untitledsince89 said:
Bender is ****ing stupid end of story. A lot of the drops he takes are doable by a lot of riders, it just takes the stupidity which he has. Style and Flow will rule over big sloppy hits any day
You, my friend, are a dumba$$.

Maybe some of the drops he does are doable by other riders, but that doesn't make him stupid. I'd say that you have more stupidity than he does. Atleast he goes for it and does what is important to him. Why does it matter what hes doing? He has fun with it and he goes bigger and is a better rider than you will EVER be. I guarantee he could kick your a$$ down any trail. The guy can ride DH, they just don't show him.

Hes not the smoothest, but he can ride trails and do smaller things with average style.

He will never be as stylish as Strait or Zinc, but at least he pushes the sport and gets out there, unlike yourself. You just sit there and bash on him all day long even though you would never go for something 1/8 the size of what he does and posess about 1/100 of the skill he has.

That is, if you even own a bicycle.:p

Anyway, flame on guys, but the vast majority of you will never have the skill to be near as good or as quick as Bender.

Peace.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
matt 12 you probably are a 12 year old with the response you made to that. I will flame your stupid ass for even posting that, c'mon yes I do own a bike do you want to go down to the local trail and see who rips it better?? No **** of cource it's not going to be me over Bender I've been riding for a bout a year him probably his whole life, and by you saying that he can ride better than me really only proves your imaturity in backing up your agrument, which at this point really has no basis. I actually get out there and ride and as for pushing the sport. I doubt that many riders on ride monkey are pushing the sport. Its about getting out ther and riding for the fun of it. Oh and yes 1/8 of the size of the hits he's doing I have done. Say about1/8 of a 50 footer, = around 6 feet, yea, I think alot of us on RM have droped a 6 or 7 footer with ease. any ways back to the South forum where at least some people have common sense

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
untitledsince89 said:
matt 12 you probably are a 12 year old with the response you made to that. I will flame your stupid ass for even posting that, c'mon yes I do own a bike do you want to go down to the local trail and see who rips it better?? No **** of cource it's not going to be me over Bender I've been riding for a bout a year him probably his whole life, and by you saying that he can ride better than me really only proves your imaturity in backing up your agrument, which at this point really has no basis. I actually get out there and ride and as for pushing the sport. I doubt that many riders on ride monkey are pushing the sport. Its about getting out ther and riding for the fun of it. Oh and yes 1/8 of the size of the hits he's doing I have done. Say about1/8 of a 50 footer, = around 6 feet, yea, I think alot of us on RM have droped a 6 or 7 footer with ease. any ways back to the South forum where at least some people have common sense
Are you serious? We're talking about immaturity here? Half the people in this thread call Bender a straight up hack and retarted, you among them. I find it odd that you are calling me immature when you're the one who just shouts out random insults at a guy you don't know, haven't personally seen ride, or know anything about.

By pushing the sport, I mean forwarding the sport, giving something back. Instead of you being a jerk about Bender on the internet, why not get out there and do something good for biking like he has done.
You don't need to do a 50 foot drop to do that.

Obviously, you know nothing about him, so maybe you should quit while you're behind. He has been riding nowhere near his whole life.

I don't see how my argument has no basis. All you seem to be telling me is that my argument has no basis when you don't have an argument with anything behind it. I don't think Bender is %%%%%%% stupid would be considered a valid argument, especially when backed up with statements like OMG Bender is an idiot, hes such a loser, i hate bender, what a f-ing idiot.

Honestly, you are the one with no argument. Bender can ride bikes, period. And whether people would like to believe it or not, he can ride trails, better than most anyone out there.

So drop this. This thread turned crappy as soon as everyone started flaming me for my first post in it (the only logical one that didn't go along with the whole OMG Bender sucks theory).

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
untitledsince89 said:
I love it! people who've only been riding a year and think the're the man for doin 6 footers are tryin to say bender cant ride. You my friends are the definition of POSER!

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
The Amish said:
I love it! people who've only been riding a year and think the're the man for doin 6 footers are tryin to say bender cant ride. You my friends are the definition of POSER!
I just don't understand how I'm immature when he just talks **** about Bender and has no supporting evidence??

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
Wtf amish your a dumbass to for even coming onto this thread and not even reading my post. Omg you guys are so stupid, you seriosuly can't even read my previous post enough to kno what I said. Amish said your a poser wow, thats hard on me. Now what I said "I think alot of us on RM have droped a 6 or 7 footer with ease" dude your stupid I'm not going to even bother arguing with people who can't read the other posts

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
untitledsince89 said:
dude supporting evidence ther's 4 pages of it on this thread, thats enough evidence case closed
Wow, I think I just laughed out loud at that one.

I wouldn't call 4 pages of worthless banter like "oh bender is a loser, he doesn't flow, hes a hack" and all that other stuff evidence.

Worthless name-calling is not evidence. I'm talking about something actually has some value, you know, some facts behind it and not just opinions from 6 year olds on the internet.:rolleyes:

Now if you gave me a good reason why Bender is a crappy rider, or whatever you may think of him I might believe you, but up until now I've just heard blah blah blah. Benders an asshat, I hate Bender, no flow, he knocks his face on the bars, etc.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
Wow with that you just named 2 in your response. You really must not know what riding is about. Check out some responses from real pro's with skill that goes way back. Wade, Vanderham, any of theses guys ask them. Flow and style will rule over all. Doing a big huck means nothing if you look like **** doing it. So with that said why does it seem that the majority of riders on hear think that Bender sucks. Is it all opinion?? I doubt it, Just like you said most of the riders probably have never met Bender so then I doubt ther doing it just because they hate him personally, so while some of these comments are just flaming him worthlessly others do state valid facts. And if you don;t think that flow is not a factor of riding then I;d hate to see what your riding is. Oh and BTW this is coming from a guy who's been riding Bikes his whole life, Moutain biking for the past 4 years and freeriding for the past 1 so thats me

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
untitledsince89 said:
Wow with that you just named 2 in your response. You really must not know what riding is about. Check out some responses from real pro's with skill that goes way back. Wade, Vanderham, any of theses guys ask them. Flow and style will rule over all. Doing a big huck means nothing if you look like **** doing it. So with that said why does it seem that the majority of riders on hear think that Bender sucks. Is it all opinion?? I doubt it, Just like you said most of the riders probably have never met Bender so then I doubt ther doing it just because they hate him personally, so while some of these comments are just flaming him worthlessly others do state valid facts. And if you don;t think that flow is not a factor of riding then I;d hate to see what your riding is. Oh and BTW this is coming from a guy who's been riding Bikes his whole life, Moutain biking for the past 4 years and freeriding for the past 1 so thats me
Could you try and make your post a bit clearer? It sounds like SB lingo.

No, most of them will never meet him. Most of them base their opinions purely on what they read here. Is it all true? No, its highly opinionated. People are just going to jump on the 'Bender Sucks' bandwagon because well, if they don't they'll get flamed. Its much easier to just say he sucks and can't ride than to admit that he doesn't get shown actually riding. They just show him crashing because people want to see it.

Bender is portrayed as a big drop guy in all the movies. Has anyone ever seen him ride a trail in one? No. Why not? Because thats not what a lot of people want to see. How do you know what his style is like? How can you judge him based upon a couple things in videos? You've never actually seen him ride a trail, and I will tell you this with confidence. Not many are going to throw in some sick style off of a 50 ft drop. When you are at that level, hittin drops that big, you don't really want to hit the stunt twice, especially if it is sketchy. And I don't know about you, but I wouldn't throw in a trick my first time off the biggest drop ever done in the history of mountain biking. It is kinda hard...

So flame on, I know Bender will keep getting hated on for trying to progress and I know I will as well for defending him.

mmaddmark

Monkey
Feb 24, 2004
bender rules. you chumps just cant huck more than a curb. its entertainment,and its just not for all

Cliff13

Monkey
Apr 30, 2006
NC
I give him some props, the stuff he dose is sick no dought about it. some times he dose some really stupid stuff but if he is having fun why do u guys care so much?

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
droplover said:
Recovering from what?.............another 50' huck gone bad.............
Bender is good.. He is back riding.. Still hurting.. That godown999 gay dude is an arse.. his comment that bender got what he deserved on the first page, I hope karma comes back on him.. gays i mean idiots like that give everyone a bad name cause they are yellow..
:nope: Everyone must donate pain to the trailgods.. Bender is actually a cool dude, i dont care how he rides.. at least he is living the dream..
:banghead:

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
i dont understand how people can bad talk about bender. he might not do the smartest of things all the time, but he has awesome skills, and it doesnt matter whether or not hes good or bad, style or no style, HE IS RIDING, and isnt that what we all like to do? so why bother argueing about him. we should support our riders, not talk **** about them.

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
mountaingoat said:
Bender is good.. He is back riding.. Still hurting.. That godown999 gay dude is an arse.. his comment that bender got what he deserved on the first page, I hope karma comes back on him.. gays i mean idiots like that give everyone a bad name cause they are yellow..
:nope: Everyone must donate pain to the trailgods.. Bender is actually a cool dude, i dont care how he rides.. at least he is living the dream..
:banghead:
I was just curious as to how he got hurt. Anyone know? This is the only place I ever hear anything about him.

AirAddict

Monkey
Jun 10, 2005
Asheville, NC
matt12, you just gained some respect points. you seem to be the most intelligent person in this thread.

most people just don't understand this freeride video thing. You ONLY see bender dropping big in those because he's just going bigger than anyone else. Just because you don't see people like Aaron Chase flowing trails, doesn't mean they're not good at it. They mostly show what a rider is best at and/or what they can do that no one else can't in videos. In that case... bender has the courage to go HUGE.

personally, i give him props for progressing the sport... he pushes riders to go bigger all the time.

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
It would be cool to actually see him LAND one of his drops. It would be motivating and hopefully change some of the attitudes toward him.

dirtydirtysouf

Deletated
May 23, 2006
the ghetto of winston-salem, nc
On top of rehab, financial challenges lie ahead - intensive care, ambulance rides, back surgery, ankle surgery as well as his flight to Provo have dug a very deep money pit. There has been talk of a bank account set up to offset these costs and we'll keep you up to date on the details so we can chip in and help a brother out.
http://www.nsmb.com/shore_news/benderupdate1_11_05.php

if your going to do stuff like this you had better have good insurance and cash to back you up:nuts:

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
wow, oh wow! I just keep checking this thread again and again to see if something new and exciting has sprung up but it ends up being the same ol' crap! Let this thread die already

stinkyboy58

Chimp
Feb 2, 2006
CA
just kidding. bender is crazy and i would never even think of attempting the crap he does. the chewing on dick thing just sounded funny

Buetang

Glides like KY
Apr 16, 2002
¤ HCOR.net ¤
wow.. people still post Bender threads... leave for a few years. And its still the same! Rock on.

I also love how its "the new guy" that post em'.. always.