Quantcast

Best Band Ever?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The supergroups of Journey, Asia and Powerstation need to be ranked up there.

Friend of mines dumbass parents actually named him Journey.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
err....my knowledge of Journey relates pretty solely to the lp my brother owned (evolution?) and whatever MTV tidbits are still floating in my subconscious, but i don't think they were a supergroup. wasn't it some off-shoot of santana? i believe neil schon and ansley dunbar both played for carlos' band. not sure of the other guys, and steve perry was a late joiner.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
err....my knowledge of Journey relates pretty solely to the lp my brother owned (evolution?) and whatever MTV tidbits are still floating in my subconscious, but i don't think they were a supergroup. wasn't it some off-shoot of santana? i believe neil schon and ansley dunbar both played for carlos' band. not sure of the other guys, and steve perry was a late joiner.
It was kind of a "supergroup" on a regional scale.

http://www.journey-tribute.com/journey/resources/faq/faq-s2.html

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
The supergroups of Journey, Asia and Powerstation need to be ranked up there.

Friend of mines dumbass parents actually named him Journey.
I was thinking that if I had a daughter, Id name her "Dio"

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
ditch the latecomer and join last.fm
Thanks for that. I just made a station with all this:

second edit (new list):
AC/DC, Dio, EPMD, Soundgarden, Danko Jones, White Zombie, Iron Maiden, Dead Kennedys, Black Sabbath, ZZ Top, Ozzy Osbourne, Beastie Boys, Geto Boys, Metallica, Judas Priest, The Doors, Ted Nugent, Cream, Rob Zombie, Motorhead, Pantera, Motley Crue, Rage Against The Machine, Public Enemy, Cypress Hill, Powerman 5000, Incubus, George Thorogood, Iron Maiden, Anthrax, Primus, Skid Row, Stone Temple Pilots, Swollen Members, Lexicon, Run DMC, Styles Of Beyond, Fu Manchu, Young MC, Motorhead,

Last.fm is so good.

edit: I just noticed I wrote them in alphabetical order pretty much :eek:.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hell if I know. I googled supergroup and they came up.