Quantcast

Best in Show: Interbike '07

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
how so.....the taco is covering the chainring around 1 through 4 o'clock rather than from around 3 o'clock down to around 7 o'clock......they cut the taco on the guide wrong, and it's not going to do it's job of protecting the chainring......especially once the bike gets into it's travel......

how does that make me slow, all knowing one?
How long did it take you to type that m..i..s..t..e..r..r..r..s..l..o..w..?

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
In a van down by the river

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Found these 2:

The azonic is nice for me as I want to go blinding white(got even white gloves ;) ) but the old azonic helmets sucked so I'm still left with only the.

And yeah the giro makes me thing Tim Burton directing the collective.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
that CVT looks totally unreal....except for the plastic gears
If you are referring to the white plastic gears, those are just for displaying how the cvt works on the model. The large black rings moves left and right to change the gear ratio. The gearbox looks awesome in person. It is controlled by a simple friction shifter. There is no "click" or actual changing of gears. There is just a range of gear ratios and you can select anywhere within that range. I believe it was his roomate he is working with to create a micro servo you can program. Enter the pedal cadence want and the servo will keep the drivetrain in the right position to achieve that cadence.

This gearbox is definitely thinking outside the box.

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
It's cool to see MTB companies FINALLY start coming around to the artistic side of things, that skate/surf/snowboard/ski companies have been doing for years. Specialized kinda started it with the Demos last year, but very cool seeing the helmets, etc...actually getting some style instead of the boring straight-laced euro racer crap that's been the industry standard for years and years...

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
In a van down by the river
If you are referring to the white plastic gears, those are just for displaying how the cvt works on the model. The large black rings moves left and right to change the gear ratio. The gearbox looks awesome in person. It is controlled by a simple friction shifter. There is no "click" or actual changing of gears. There is just a range of gear ratios and you can select anywhere within that range. I believe it was his roomate he is working with to create a micro servo you can program. Enter the pedal cadence want and the servo will keep the drivetrain in the right position to achieve that cadence.

This gearbox is definitely thinking outside the box.
yeah im talking about the white gears. i can understand that its a sample model, but he couldnt show it with metal gears? im very well aware of how it works and im not taking anything away from his killer design

giantrider89

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
P-town, MN
not to be overly critical but i must say the carbon work on this looks like hell.......i'm sure it's strong as anything, just the patchiness doesn't look as good as some of the beautiful flowing weave on some of the bikes today........

what is that loose looking strip that is hanging down below the swingarm?