Quantcast

best online stuff

jeremy155rr

Chimp
Oct 8, 2004
1st i'm really liking this site because its not so cluttered and over ran, but are there any other good mtb forums out there bikeforums.net is too crowded for my taste maybe its just the way the pages are set up.
2nd whats a good online store for mtb gear i mean i'd like to support my local shops the best i can but some deals are just too good to pass up and no tax! i'm all for that.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
but are there any other good mtb forums out there bikeforums.net is too crowded for my taste maybe its just the way the pages are set up.
Not sure where you live, but usually there's decent local forums. Generally a good place to line up group rides, meet new riders, etc.

whats a good online store for mtb gear
It varies. This time of the year they all have the leftover stuff at decent prices. Supergo tends to carry a lot of Fox stuff.

Here's another option if you are looking for riding gear such as jersey's....go to your local sporting goods store and buy the Nike Dri-Fit stuff they make for running. It's the same material as bike clothing, but cheaper.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Other popular forums are MTBR.com, Pinkbike.com, NSMB.com, Hcor.net and the local forums, for example in san diego we have um, what's it called, anyway I don't like it because it's a bunch of guys who you don't know but they all know each other so it's nothing but inside jokes and sometimes not so friendly banter. RM is really where it's at for tech stuff.

I highly reccomend go-ride.com, they specialize in downhill and freeride stuff but they'll be more than willing to help you with whatever you need. Other than them there's jensonusa.com, beyondbikes.com, supergo.com, wheelworld.com, universalcycles.com, and there's The Bike Co in Lakeforest CA but I can't remember their web address. I'd suggest performance and nashbar but they're essentially the same as supergo without the bike stuff(mostly clothing, all three are under the same corporate umbrella and have the same prices and products for the most part.)

stevirey

Chimp
Nov 10, 2004
Portland,Or.
All the on-line shops mentioned are great.But lately I've seen and bought things on Ebay that are fantastic!Truth be known,my local shops just suck.And I live in bike frendly Portland Or.Clip joint is what comes to mind.The one decent bike shop near me went out of biz cause the other guys just suck.If there is a small guy in your neighborhood please support him if you can.But the big bike shops jut SUCK!I get better service online!