Best race-specific dh bke?

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin

iron1

Chimp
Mar 13, 2007
The intnse ss look awesome but it says it has ss specific geo. If I was to ever get it, I would defenitly put the totem on it.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
The intnse ss look awesome but it says it has ss specific geo. If I was to ever get it, I would defenitly put the totem on it.
Man that is marketing BS. If they descided to call it banana boat geometry just because they thought that would sell, they would. Check the numbers your self, and compare them to a full on DH bike and you'll see; same same.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Man that is marketing BS. If they descided to call it banana boat geometry just because they thought that would sell, they would. Check the numbers your self, and compare them to a full on DH bike and you'll see; same same.
Yup. Numbers on paper only mean so much. Go try a few of these bikes before you make a decision.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
With a Totem, it has basically the same geo as a Sunday, including wheelbase. With a Lyrik or 36, it truly feels like a mini DH bike. Through and through. Really low slung, available in a very short top tube, and low and slack enough to rail. Also, being shorter and lighter- weak or a ball of muscle, something big and plush will be a detriment to you. You may feel good on your Demo9, but I find it hard to believe you wouldn't be much faster on a lower, more nimble, much lighter bike. You aren't long enough to have the leverage to fully manipulate the bike. Even at 5'10", I feel I don't have the leverage to really power the big bike like my taller, albeit much weaker, friends.