Quantcast

Best time of year!

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
For 2011 have a special build planned for my new ride. Don't have the frame yet but new parts are starting to arrive!

I will update as more parts roll in. Ideally I would like to have the bike complete before the end of January.

Nice! The yellow's a nice touch. I've got the older ISIS versions of those cranks and am very impressed so far. Ridiculously stiff but shifts almost as well as DA. What frame are you hanging everything on?

As an aside, why can't SRAM expand the fit and finish of their top-end gruppos down the line? Force and Rival look/feel like crap compared to their Shimano counterparts.

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
I went with the LTE because I have a special Tarmac SL3 coming (hopefully here by Friday but probably Monday) I will get some pics asap once it arrives.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Project Black by chance?

I want to build up a PB w/ LTE Red and 101s as a floor bike for the shop. That'd be a hot bike.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Nevermind, i bet you're getting the yellow SWORKS. Is there a threaded BB version, or are you going to run the Zipp BB30 adapter?

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
Nevermind, i bet you're getting the yellow SWORKS. Is there a threaded BB version, or are you going to run the Zipp BB30 adapter?
Correct it will be the Project Yellow. It comes OSBB I will be making myself some adapters since the Zipp Distributor in Canada didn't stock the BB30 adapters.

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
I've decided to go with a set of Hed Stinger 4's and Bontrager XXX Tubs, which are hande made by Vittoria

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Perty parts. Those tires are the best tubulars I've ridden. They are Corsa casings with a better tread design. It is almost the same tread as the handmade tubulars I got off of a Discovery bike from 07 that was Gusev's.

Post up pics ASAP.

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
Those wheels are so sexy. And so much cheaper than Zipps.

What bar/ stem/ post?
For bar I will be going with theSpecialized classic SL.

Seat post will be a crank brothers cobalt 11. I think its a nice simple looking 160 g post. I will have to change the gold clamps on it though.

As for stem,this has been the hardest part to pick. I'm probably going to end up with a Sworks stem. I may get a Syntace stem though.

I have to wait until the new year to order th rest of my parts from Specialized and hopefully when I do Toupe carbons will be in stock as that is the saddle I would like.

The only other thing I'm missing is the Lizard Skins bar tape I will be using.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I really didn't think that a yellow frame would look good but...WOW. That is going to be a sick build. It'll look exactly like my CAAD 9 but red/black.

Cannot wait to see the full build.

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
So not much action as of late... still waiting on parts...

Finally got my 2 crank brothers seat posts so that I could make 1 :)

Replaced the gold clamp on the 11 with the black clamp from a 3...

Also quite happy with the weight of the post

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
I have the cranks installed!

The Zipp distributor in Canada didn't bring in the BB30 adapters so I made my own as seen here:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
I just realized that it's 2 shots of the NDS. My bad. Wow. Minor oversight. I probably shouldn't admit to that.

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
What I thought was going to be a quick build in January has dragged on a little longer than I had hoped...

Arione is temp until Toupe Carbon comes in and have finally picked new pedals in Keo Blades.

After all the waiting, I'm pretty pleased with how the build turned out....

13.1 lbs/5.94 kg