Quantcast

best way to celebrate diet/fitness goals

azrael

Chimp
Jun 1, 2002
sydney.aust
ok,so about a month ago i ended my 'diet'.slowly i have eased my way back into eating normal amounts of food.now though,i am returning to just normal eating,of course with a healthy perspective.
dieting has taught me so much,and now i value food much more and posess much more knowladge and appreciation on the topic,in no small part to some of the members of this forum.
today(well this afternoon)i reintroduced myslef to food.to celebrate months of label reading and scales,i am for the next couple of hours royally stuffing myself.im eating tons!after tonight though,everything goes into maintanece mode,so im gonna make the most of it.

azrael

Chimp
Jun 1, 2002
sydney.aust
it is strange,but your right.i started,and or a while it was fun,but then the novlety wore off.oh well,back into maintanence mode.

Topaz

Chimp
Jul 6, 2002
Woodland Hills
If you switched to 5-6 meals a day as part of your "diet" then you should find that's it harder to do as much damage in one sitting. I used to be able to finish a large pizza solo. Now I refuse to eat deliver pizza! But I can still put away a quart of ice cream. mmmmmmm. Everything in moderation.

azrael

Chimp
Jun 1, 2002
sydney.aust
twas only a one off.i have been 100% strict in the way i eat,and my goals were accomplished. now i know exactly what my body needs.i just needed that one night of over indulgence.
interestingly,anyone else who has been for a long time without eating junk probably appreciates the pain i went through the next morning.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i have to agree that it sounds like a crappy idea. binging is in no way rewarding s you obviously found out the next day.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by azrael
i am for the next couple of hours royally stuffing myself.im eating tons!after tonight though,everything goes into maintanece mode,so im gonna make the most of it.

i dont know how i could have misinterpretted that as binge eating?

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Dieting doesnt work because the more you deny yourself something that you really enjoy the more you are going to crave it and eventually gorge yourself. Moderation is the key!!!.....With resistance training, cardio and correct supplementation of course.

5-6 small meals a day ...... all consisting of protein/carbsand fat (try to stay away from saturated fat) and giving yourself at least 1 day a week to eat your favorite foods for a meal or two can give you a "lifestyle change" along with the results you are seeking. DIETS ARE EVIL... they never last forever. :)

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Colima's Carne Asada burrito....no guacamole
with lime and picante sauce......or serve it on a plate topped with thick enchilada sauce with a side of mexican rice......and a cold Horchata:devil:

azrael

Chimp
Jun 1, 2002
sydney.aust
ok lemme clear some things up.
it was not really a diet,the only thing involved was maintaining a negative energy balance. this ended a while ago,but i was still eating exclusive food and never 'indulging'.i understand that lifestyle change is crucial,despite how stupid most of my questions and comments are,i do actually know alot on the topic.
i did nothing typical of a 'diet', i dont own scales,i didnt target one food(my diet is typical cyclist-carb laden).i didnt binge,i couldnt,i just ate things that i wanted,and just for a few hours.my diet now is whatever i want,and strangely enough i have lost more weight accidentlly-even when eating as much as i want.i dont need to lose weight anymore.
im 6' 3 and 148 pounds,so its not like im overweight,and im still growing at sixteen.
and hey,i'm proud,my whole life i have been the fat kid,now im thin and muscular and i appreciate good food,which for a sixteen year old male is not too common.i still have many goals,but im done for now with that.the one main thing i think is that everything you do with your body will affect it in one way or another,fitness is a lifestyle,not a destination.
that was long:)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
it IS a good idea to have one weekly meal where you eat whatever you want and don't feel guilty about....something to look forward too, also eating healthy 100% of the time makes your body use to to it, pigging out 'confuses' your body

TimothyL

Chimp
Jun 23, 2002
Houston,Texas
Azrael-Lighten up,man! You are 16 and have a knowledge of nutrition I certainly did't have at that age.You definitely dont sound like you are out of shape so rock on.Enjoy your life in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.There is so much to do outdoors there(god I would love to surf there) that you should never be bored.Getting all caught up in this dieting or not dieting is crazy-you probably wont have to worry about that for a long time.

azrael

Chimp
Jun 1, 2002
sydney.aust
yeah i know.i mean im not an athlete,so what the hell is the point in eating like one?still,i will keep up with health foods,because strangely enough i prefer them.and you can be thin,but there are other risksinvolved in a bad diet.still,in terms of eating ill never quite be normal,you cant after you do something like this:)