Quantcast

Big Government

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I like to pretend like most Americans that I live in a free country.

Sometimes a situation comes along that makes me truly re-think our freedom here in the U.S.

The most recent event has been the removal of the children from the religious sect in Texas. Now I know that 99% of the people who read this will more than likely disagree with what the sect believes in. I also realize that there may or may not have been some fishy stuff going on in there.

HOWEVER I'm appalled that the government agencies felt they could step in and take children away from their families.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24931622/

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I actually agree. My wife and I talked about it and the fact is the mothers have the best intentions for the children. Regardless of how they came about and the f-ed up belief they might have, the kids aren't in danger for the most part.

I'm not a fan of big religion, either. But putting the kids in foster care is messed up.

dancorley

Chimp
Apr 20, 2008
Colorado
As someone who has adopted 2 little girls out of foster care I can only imagine how all those kids must be feeling. Are some of their religious belief totally jacked and unsafe? Allegedly. Was the "informant" a crazy kook w/no real ties to all of this no where near TX? Yes! As I've seen over and over w/my girls, it is so crazy the damage (emotional and physical) that these innocent kids are subjected to because of jack@@ss adults: parents, government, predators, etc. Here's an idea, want a better future? How about treat our current kids alot better?! Sorry for the rant. Get a minor pregnant...face the music. Do the crime, pay the time. How many teenage pregnancies in the U.S. right now? Must have missed the news flash of all those community raids on the massive nationwide roundup. Keep it in your pants sickos, grow up and have sex w/someone if not your own age, at least of the legal age, geez. TX, leave the innocent kids alone. DNA the dads, lock up the sickos, call in Chuck Norris to explain it w/his roundhouse and knuckles!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
As someone who has adopted 2 little girls out of foster care I can only imagine how all those kids must be feeling. Are some of their religious belief totally jacked and unsafe? Allegedly. Was the "informant" a crazy kook w/no real ties to all of this no where near TX? Yes! As I've seen over and over w/my girls, it is so crazy the damage (emotional and physical) that these innocent kids are subjected to because of jack@@ss adults: parents, government, predators, etc. Here's an idea, want a better future? How about treat our current kids alot better?! Sorry for the rant. Get a minor pregnant...face the music. Do the crime, pay the time. How many teenage pregnancies in the U.S. right now? Must have missed the news flash of all those community raids on the massive nationwide roundup. Keep it in your pants sickos, grow up and have sex w/someone if not your own age, at least of the legal age, geez. TX, leave the innocent kids alone. DNA the dads, lock up the sickos, call in Chuck Norris to explain it w/his roundhouse and knuckles!

Was that Iambic Pentameter?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I like to pretend like most Americans that I live in a free country.

Sometimes a situation comes along that makes me truly re-think our freedom here in the U.S.

The most recent event has been the removal of the children from the religious sect in Texas. Now I know that 99% of the people who read this will more than likely disagree with what the sect believes in. I also realize that there may or may not have been some fishy stuff going on in there.

HOWEVER I'm appalled that the government agencies felt they could step in and take children away from their families.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24931622/
see: Iraq

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I'm not a huge fan of giving a bunch of little girls back to men who are going to knock them up shortly after their first period.

What they should have done is left the boys, and given the girls to the Catholic Church. Everyone knows priests don't mess around with vaginas...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I'm appalled that the government agencies felt they could step in and take children away from their families.
I'm appalled that even in the face of strong allegations that VERY young girls are forced to marry and have sex with older men who already have wives, you still don't understand why the children were removed from the situation while it was investigated.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm appalled that even in the face of strong allegations that VERY young girls are forced to marry and have sex with older men who already have wives, you still don't understand why the children were removed from the situation while it was investigated.
I think that is part of the agreement, though. They have to undergo random visits while abuse is being investigated.

I could be wrong, I haven't followed the case too closely as I disagree with a lot of religion-based beliefs parents force on their children.

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
Um isn't your article proving the opposite? The courts checked the state hardcore... It would be scary if they could take away your children and you have no means by which to contest it...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm totally with you, but don't you think the government could have acted more precisely based on facts and just arrested the men?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Um isn't your article proving the opposite? The courts checked the state hardcore... It would be scary if they could take away your children and you have no means by which to contest it...
Yes but the damage is done IMO.
I'm glad they courts put them back but it proves they shouldn't have been taken out in the first place.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I hope your wife never finds jesus and moves to a texas compound with your daughter.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Rampant, unprosecuted child abuse and rape (not to mention massive welfare/tax fraud) is awesome!

The issue is that most who opposed the removal of the kids really don't understand the FLDS sect or their prior history, not only in Texas, but also in Utah and Arizona. The women have been conditioned since birth to, quite literally, take it up the ass from their husbands and church authorities unquestionably. They were only being used as propaganda party pieces by the men of the establishment, and it worked like a damn charm.

The sad fact of the matter is, just like the Short Creek raid of the 50s, this is going to allow them to keep doing what they're doing for another 50 fvcking years.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It's a great sect/place to be live. You can be a sex offender and never have to register.

Last edited: