Quantcast

Bike Mojo

flbikerman

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Sherman, TX
Looks like I'm going to be heading south for the holidays. How can I get in touch with you when I'm in the area? I don't really have any definate plans, I'm just going to end up where I end up. If you don't mind giving out your number I could give you a call.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by flbikerman
Looks like I'm going to be heading south for the holidays. How can I get in touch with you when I'm in the area? I don't really have any definate plans, I'm just going to end up where I end up. If you don't mind giving out your number I could give you a call.
He only checks in here everynow and then be sure to go to
www.bikemojo.com and post over there.

flbikerman

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Sherman, TX
Thanks, I'm trying to register over there right now. If you're going to be available I'd like to hook up with you also. Meet as many of my fellow monkeys as I can. Do some riding, drink a few beers, that sort of thing.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Thanks, I'm trying to register over there right now. If you're going to be available I'd like to hook up with you also. Meet as many of my fellow monkeys as I can. Do some riding, drink a few beers, that sort of thing.
Rock on! My schedule looks like this 24th and 25th free. And so far the 29th thru the first off. We really need to have some dry days between now and then though:) Do you have any places in mind yet?

flbikerman

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Sherman, TX
I think we're going to start out going to the big bend area, ride there for a few days then head over your way. Then from there head south. It all depends on weather, the rides and how much we like the area. The only real plan we have is to get in as much riding as we can.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Big Bend is the ****. If you get a chance a day hike to the top of emery peak up for the chico's (sp – chi-sos) basin is not to be missed for real. There's also camping there. The star's are bright... If you've never been out there it's amazing. Bring a camera and lot's of film. I didn’t get to do any riding when I was there but I did get to see some really awesome places. Santa Elena canyon is another Must SEE.

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass

Drop me an email or post up if you are in the San Antonio/Austin area.

Myself or any one of the other Mojos will hook ya up.

And yes Tony, Big Bend is very cool. Less that 8 weeks till Lajitas

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass
Originally posted by The Toninator

Stop taunting Me You Lajitas elitist bastard.
as it looks i just dont think i can make it

Ahhh Tony

Now you are starting to get caught up in the whole mystique of Lajitas.

For three years I tried to make it. And finally last year the stars lined up and all the cards fell in the right place.

But now I make my future! This is a race and festival not to be missed. For hundreds of people this is the only race that they attend each year, and there are hundreds more that travel all the way to that corner of the world to NOT race, but just hang out.

Make your future Tony.
You have eight weeks

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass
Good running into you James.

Hope that you enjoyed my 'home'. Took ya on the fun stuff at 700.

I am looking forward to hearing your Christmas bike tales of all your travels.

flbikerman

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Sherman, TX
Originally posted by Bike Mojo
Good running into you James.

Hope that you enjoyed my 'home'. Took ya on the fun stuff at 700.

I am looking forward to hearing your Christmas bike tales of all your travels.
Yes it was luck that I saw you going down the road. It was nice meeting you and Stephi(sp?)
We enjoyed 700 acres. We should've stayed the night to ride it the next day also. Riding there and listening to what you had to say about riding(yes I do listen,Sandy) helped me out tremendously at Cameron Park in Waco. I was even getting up a lot of the uphill steps. We met two little kids out there that thought we had the coolest bikes so we took them around a little bit.( we had been out there for about three hours already so we didn't mind riding with these kids.) They were pretty tough. If they couldn't make it up a hill they would run their bikes up it to try to keep from slowing us down. One kids didn't have any brakes so he was a little afraid of the downhills. Sandy was doing good also. She was getting up some of the hills. I was proud of the way she was riding. She got a little t confidant in her riding. She tried a jump in a ravine on the side of the road. She was about six feet off the ground and landed wrong. She broke a couple of ribs and her clavicle. She was tough. When I asked if she was alright her first answer was yes. Then when I was helping her up she said that she wasn't ok. Even before the Hospital and getting any drugs she said she had a good days ride. She doesn't regret trying it because of the boken bones and pain. She regrets it because she was doing so well and that jump ended it. She can't wait to get back on her bike and ride.

flbikerman

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Sherman, TX
Originally posted by The Toninator
Oh now i'm upset. I cant believe he made it there before me.
:D Ha ha. You have to make it out there. It was nothing like we expected. When you first pull up to it there is motorcycles racing around. After you get back into the woods a little you don't have to worry about them that much. It's a tight, technical trail. I was bouncing off trees left and right. I want to go back.
I wanted to get out your way and meet up with you but things happened.(read my reply to Alan) Are you going to race at -H? If you do any pre rides let me know and we'll hook up then.

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass

Yes it was luck that I saw you going down the road. It was nice meeting you and Stephi(sp?)
We enjoyed 700 acres. We should've stayed the night to ride it the next day also. Riding there and listening to what you had to say about riding(yes I do listen,Sandy) helped me out tremendously at Cameron Park in Waco.
Cameron Park is fun!

She got a little t confidant in her riding. She tried a jump in a ravine on the side of the road. She was about six feet off the ground and landed wrong. She broke a couple of ribs and her clavicle. She was tough. When I asked if she was alright her first answer was yes. Then when I was helping her up she said that she wasn't ok. Even before the Hospital and getting any drugs she said she had a good days ride. She doesn't regret trying it because of the boken bones and pain. She regrets it because she was doing so well and that jump ended it. She can't wait to get back on her bike and ride.
Ouch!
Tell her to heal quickly...