Quantcast

Bike rental, Nor-Cal

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Hey, I need to rent two bikes for out of town guests. Preferably Bullits with a dual-crown fork.
Anyone know of a place between the Bay Area and N* where I might be able to rent a couple of bikes for a weekend?

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Try Olympic Bikes in Kings Beach (north shore of Tahoe, about 20 min from N*). You can throw SuperJ a PM and ask him questions, he works there.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by dexterq20
Try Olympic Bikes in Kings Beach (north shore of Tahoe, about 20 min from N*). You can throw SuperJ a PM and ask him questions, he works there.
Right shop but it's in Tahoe City. They (we) rent out 2 geminis (one with a super t, one with a boxxer), a demo 9 with a 888 and a front derailleur, and a trek deisel. There may be a big hit in the mix by the time northstar opens.
If you're planning on using them at northstar, that's what they are set up for. Phone number is 530-581-2500.

Don't ask superJ anything. He's hopped up on painkillers right now and will proclaim the merits of a cyclocross bike and spandex.

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
Hm, locally there is a shop called Stan's bikes. I know they sell santa cruz, but I have no idea if they rent them. They're in Cupertino I think. Off stevens creek, near the wolfe exit.

SuperJ

Chimp
Feb 2, 2003
Tahoe
Originally posted by kidwoo
Don't ask superJ anything. He's hopped up on painkillers right now and will proclaim the merits of a cyclocross bike and spandex.
i have the spandex and the painkillers but no cyclecross bike and my shoulder still hurts

Jonny Wray

Chimp
Oct 4, 2001
San Francisco
True,

the N* summer web site said they were going to be renting dh/freeride bikes from Santa Cruz and Kona this year. Didn't say which models mind.

Might be an option if they're open by the time you need em.

Originally posted by Damn True
Hey, I need to rent two bikes for out of town guests. Preferably Bullits with a dual-crown fork.
Anyone know of a place between the Bay Area and N* where I might be able to rent a couple of bikes for a weekend?