Quantcast

Biking Spots In Park City/Salt Lake Area of Utah?

ballaholyk84

Monkey
Aug 24, 2007
Beaverton, OR
Might be moving there sometime soon and would like to know what the riding is like there? I also might be going there within the next month to check things out a bit. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Benton

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
SLC
I was just thinking the same thing. I moved to SLC a week ago from Palo Alto Ca. I've been out on 3 of the last 8 days. The best place to find out about mountain biking in Utah is www.utahmountainbiking.com. I've only been on XC rides so far though. If anyone knows where to find more DH oriented trails with man-made jumps, drops and stunts I'd love to hear about it.

ballaholyk84

Monkey
Aug 24, 2007
Beaverton, OR
I was just thinking the same thing. I moved to SLC a week ago from Palo Alto Ca. I've been out on 3 of the last 8 days. The best place to find out about mountain biking in Utah is www.utahmountainbiking.com. I've only been on XC rides so far though. If anyone knows where to find more DH oriented trails with man-made jumps, drops and stunts I'd love to hear about it.
I found that site last night too. Great information. How are your experiences so far in SLC? I was there last year for a week for a wedding and absolutely love it there. I have family there too that wants me to move there so I might try and make a trip out there for 2-3 weeks and get a job and then move my stuff out there.

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
um, i don't know a whole lot of dh trails in slc...but there's some dirt jumps at the top of i-street in the avenues in slc. basically you goto the top of the mountain on i-street until it splits. go left in the subdivision and about a mile down the road there's like a lookout on the left. part there, walk around the circular fenced in thing(not sure what it is), and there will be jumps. Park city has some stuff, but i've only ridden the resorts and they're shut down for biking now. they have some municipal dirt jumps. There should be some dh trails in slc though, head over to go-ride and talk to them. they should help you out a bit. If you ever goto utah valley, there's squaw peak dh, and bennie creek dh and that's about it.

Benton

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
SLC
Thanks for the info on the dirt jumps, and I totally forgot that Go-Ride is based in SLC. I'll definitely stop by there and see what they know.

Anyway, I've been out here almost two weeks now and it's awesome. Really close and easy access to amazing mountains, though with that comes a large number of people, and your views often include roads, buildings, cars, ski resorts etc. Overall though it's worth it. I've only ridden 3 spots: Solitude, American Fork (Mud Springs is a fun downhill), and a quick little ride at Mill Creek to get the dog some exercise. From the looks of it there are still a lot of trails at each of those areas that I have yet to ride, and there are lots of areas that I haven't even checked out, all within a 45 minute drive of SLC.

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
Hit the crest trail before the snow starts to set in. It's a great ride. There's more dirt jumps in Tanner Park near Parley's. Glenwild at Kimball Junction has some "downhill" trails, but I wouldn't bother with your big bike because it's a loop that goes uphill back to the trailhead. Pop into a shop in Park City and grab a trail map. White Pine Touring is my favorite shop out there but Park City Rides in Redstone (at Kimball Junction) should have maps too. If you meet the right people you'll start to find the real goods.

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
The DH trails of north of Salt Lake in Bountiful. UP by the big B.
ITs not very good in the summer because its really loose and lomey. This is the best time to ride up there.
pm me if you want detailed instructions or just want to check it out. Its all shuttles so you need a truck.
later
Vaughn