Quantcast

Black Market MOB Question

Urban Bandit

Chimp
Aug 20, 2007
Ive found a complete that Im interested in buying. It comes with AtomLab wheel set, BlkMkt bars and clamp, FSA crank, fly headset and a Bomber fork.

What would a setup like this cost? Its only been used (not hardcore) for about 6 months.

Can I put pegs on this? How can I tell?
THanks for the help...
Im trying to get into dj/street ... any advice will be really appreciated

Urban Bandit

Chimp
Aug 20, 2007
would a 20'' frame be too big for me if im 5'7'' 150 lbs?
can somone atleast answer me that? i dont want to purchase it and be dissapointed.....

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
does it have horizontal or verticle dropouts? Pegs I doubt it and the smallest TT they make is 21.5. Without seeing pics it could be worth $1000 or better. The frame alone sells for $599. I just built mine verticle dropout model I wanted a derailler, pike coil uturn, white azonic outlaws, holtzfeller howitzer cranks 1x8 setup, truvativ chainguide modified to work w/raceface bashring, deore shifter and rear der. I-beam seat post and seat diablous stem,specialized bars canecreek hs ringle mag pedals, bb7s, ti levers and it is easily worth over $1600

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
remember: mountain bikes are measured by seat tube length, e.g. 17" or 20".

but bmx's and dj mtb's frequently measure top tube length. 21.5" is pretty much a medium. 22.5" is blkmrkt's XL.

organizedrage

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Dublin, CA
would a 20'' frame be too big for me if im 5'7'' 150 lbs?
can somone atleast answer me that? i dont want to purchase it and be dissapointed.....
hell no!!! im 6'0" 149 lbs and all you have to do is get a longer top tube frame like a 21" and its all good! Plus if you get good on a BMX bike then you will be able to kill it on a big bike such and a dj mountain bike. I would suggest getting a BMX cause it is a lot cheaper.

wakeeater

Monkey
Jan 6, 2007
livermore ca
. cost maybe 800-1000. depending on exact part spec and condition. sizing should be good i personally would want a longer tt but that is just me.

Urban Bandit

Chimp
Aug 20, 2007
i just got it in today.
needs a brake tho.. anyone got a suggestion? not expensive and i gotta make sure it CLEARS.

the BadaBing bars from BM seem a little long and will catch on the xUPS and bar spins... so i might need to shave em so they clear my legs.
:-( wish it had a longer TT... oh well

Urban Bandit

Chimp
Aug 20, 2007
the hub isnt set up for a disc, i need to run a V
i dont have money for another hub right now... or id go with a disc brake
any suggestions? i dont want to buy one and have it not clear

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
edit* duh. i was lOOking for v mounts under the stays ala tonic, ha.

um sorry bro but you're brakless unless you get a disc hub. i dont see v mounts