Quantcast

Blue Mountian

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Meh, it's okay. They are building new trails but the old ones are getting torn to ****. New gondola is working really well though - very short lines on the weekends, no lines mid-week.

Embryo is a bit of a ride for some people but it's well worth it. All singletrack through the woods, try doing it without pedalling. Scorpion-thunder to Autobahn is good too but autobahn is getting totally destroyed. Careful in the glades.

dhpimp

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
MILFS BEDROOM
Blue is an okay place for Ontario... they have about 24 runs.. none with great jumps on it (only Highway has 3 table tops on it)... aside from that, it really depends on what you like.. Waterfall, Squeeker, Grab Bag and Shotglass tight and technical.. Autobahn and Showcase are faster.. Embryo and Ridge are fun cruisers with lots of flow.. but in general, the trails are not fast. In comparison to the west coast they are slow and tight..

thats my 2 cents on Blue..

PS: it's very Very dry.. bring a dust mask!

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
There is a new jump park over by Embryo. Highway is the only trail with a true drop on it but R-Shore has a smalll techie one to some steep single track.

I personally think Embryo is the best trail they have. It can be hit plenty fast and the tightness of it emphasizes the speed.

Registered

Chimp
Sep 10, 2003
Yeah - I have to agree with Fury. Embryo (designated the beginer / intermed trail, I think?) was my favorite trail at Blue, hands down. Screaming fast, flowy, pumpable single track. Super fun to do timed runs on the upper section.

Rest of the trails are a blast - for like a day. I found everythig I rode pretty fast - not very tech.

If you're there for more than a weekend, consider heading to Quebec to check out some of their fantastic hills.

Lennox

Monkey
Mar 27, 2003
Toronto, Ont. Canada
Embryo will be closing soon to become a hiking trail (if im not mistaken). Very sad.

Scorpion Thunder has some big hits and so does Highway. Blue is a fun place, its all we Toronto peeps have :(

Have fun!

ps... if you have the time, check out Camp Fortune (Ottawa) and Bromont (Montreal), both great places.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
damn son u gotta come up i will be there all this week on a grey 223 come holla at me and me and the boys will show you around, and there are bigger airs you just gotta find em