Quantcast

BMX crank into Hard tail

P1 Rider

Chimp
May 11, 2011
well I have a specialized p1 2006 I think with a truvativ isis drive husselfelt and I want to convert to a bmx crank with a 22t chain ring. What BB do I buy?

Last edited:

P1 Rider

Chimp
May 11, 2011
well I have a specialized p1 2006 I think with a truvativ isis drive husselfelt and I want to convert to a bmx crank with a 22t chain ring.

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
hust go with the newer spec cranks that come stock on the newer p-s? they are dirt cheap and work quite well

BeerMe

Monkey
Apr 18, 2008
FOCO NOCO
Buy a bottom bracket from whichever company you buy the rest of your cranks from. You don't have to but it will get the issue of compatibility out of the way. As for what size bb any 19mm spindle will work. Just order European/English bottom bracket bearings and a spindle that is for either a 68 or 73mm wide bottom bracket shell. The P bikes are actually the wider of the two (73) but companies like Profile will just ship you a 68mm wide spindle with spacers to expand out to 73mm. From there you just need a 22t cog for a 19mm spindle which is pretty much all of them.

The newer cr-mo P bikes may or may not require different size bottom bracket bearings like mid but if you currently have a Hussefelt isis drive crankset on there I'm willing to bet my left nut you need english/european.

Last edited:

BeerMe

Monkey
Apr 18, 2008
FOCO NOCO
Someone fill me in. What's with the trend of BMX cranks for DJ bikes?

Is there an advantage over traditional MTB SS cranks?
I know what you're talking about but I can't really agree that it is a trend. Cranks are cranks and BMX is already built with strength-to-weight in mind. So once they're compatible, why not run them for DJ?
I run Profile's because that's what I always raced on and because I know the quality is there. Also, spline drive.

RJ2

Chimp
Dec 9, 2008
chicago
any 19mm BMX crank will work, forget the crappy euro BB and get a outboard type diety makes a nice one.

aanon

Chimp
Nov 21, 2008
south oz
p1 rider, just remember a 22 front sprocket will be pretty useless with an mtb hub, unless you like spinning a trialsy super easy gear.
You will almost certainly need a new hub to run a small driver.