Quantcast

bmx doesnt innovate at all

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Already posted in the DH forum...

Every time I see that video it manages to amaze me more and more.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
oops- sorry, i dont read the dh forum. i sit down in chairs a lot so i come to the lounge. but i only rode dh 4 times last year so i dont want to be a poser and be where i dont belong you know. get my ass kicked and such. :)

J

JRB

That sucked. :rolleyes:

Why would anyone look for that in the downhill forum??? I didn't see any bikes with travel in that.

*I too am joking. That was supa cool stuff.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I am guessing that is the new Aspire trailer? (didn't watch it, have it memorize..;))

I just wanted to say the same thing I said in the DH thread.

all of that stuff is possible on a mtn. bike. bmx stunting has just been around longer, give it some time. none of my bmx friends want to believe me, but I really think mtn. bikes are going to take over the stunt riding. as far as the "holy sh1T!!!" aspect of it goes. you know you said that more then once while watching that......

*The above message was brought to you by a 25 plus year bmxer.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
i dont think mtn bikes should even try to "take over" or even "come up" when it comes to stuff like that. one thing i liked seeing- fufanu off a big ass tree stump in the woods. if we are going to do anything we should be influenced by bmx and take it in our own direction. but alas- i dont want to get into a bmx vs mtn street arguement- i just wanted to share this vid for those who hadnt seen it or dont read the dh forum aparently? ok.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Wow. If I could develop my bike handling skills to even a quarter of what those guys can do I would be stoked.

Makes me wish I would have kept riding BMX when I was a kid.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
that video is pure inspiration. what i want to "aspire" pun intended, to be. i watch that video every day before i ride and try and step it up more and more.
way off the sickter

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
WhiteRavenKS said:
i dont think mtn bikes should even try to "take over" or even "come up" when it comes to stuff like that. one thing i liked seeing- fufanu off a big ass tree stump in the woods. if we are going to do anything we should be influenced by bmx and take it in our own direction. but alas- i dont want to get into a bmx vs mtn street arguement- i just wanted to share this vid for those who hadnt seen it or dont read the dh forum aparently? ok.
that was kind of my point. right now, mtn. bikers are directly copying bmx, stunt wise.

give them a few years or 10 and I think we will start seeing mtn. bike stunt riding come into it's own. obviously, they are both bikes, so a lot of stuff will be simallar. the base stunts, jumps, hops and stalls will be the same but I think there is a lot of room for growth in the mtn. bike stunt riding world.

I think the biggest thing is, mtn. bikes can ride different stuff. rough, bumpy stuff that a bmx bike would have a hard or impossible time riding over. so mtn. bikes, in my opinion are open to riding different objects, such as, stumps in the woods.....:)

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Oh my sweet jesus christ. No matter how fast I can ever get down the hill I will still have no skills with a bike compared to those guys. Hands down the most impressive display of bike handling I have ever seen. What a great piece of music too.

After watching that again, I dont understand how these guy arent all dead. There were at least half a dozen lines where failure could have equaled death, and on that last one it would have been a certainty. The manual across the 3 inch wide handrail with the huge drop on the right was redonkulous.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
loco said:
That sucked. :rolleyes:

Why would anyone look for that in the downhill forum??? I didn't see any bikes with travel in that.

*I too am joking. That was supa cool stuff.
it was my post in the dh form :mumble:

we need it over there cause we are so much more core :think: :eviltongu