Quantcast

BMX is really awesome.

KonaDude

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada.
I've owned a GT Bump for awhile. Got it EP from GT as they were having somewhat of a sale on all of their bikes with the whole Pacific deal. HAdn't ridden it much at all 'till one of my shop buddies bought a new Free Agent. Since he got that, I've done some small upgrades (good 3pc cranks, Snafu Hex pegs, tires, pedals), and have ridden it a lot.

I'm so STOKED about this thing. It rules beyond belief. I'm having SO much fun going to the skate park and just riding around. I learned to feeble grind today and ended the ride with a nice ankle sprain or something. In pain now, and still smiling.

I was going to sell the BMX a week ago, but after three super good rides, I'm keeping it for sure.

M

M.W.

Oh, ok Mr. "I'm selling my bike because I don't like it...":rolleyes:

BMX IS fun. I don't ride mine nearly enough.

Did you put a different set of cranks on? You had 3pcers on there before, didn't you? If so, you wanna sell me the older ones (if they don't suck...)?

KonaDude

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada.
Originally posted by M.W.
Oh, ok Mr. "I'm selling my bike because I don't like it...":rolleyes:

BMX IS fun. I don't ride mine nearly enough.

Did you put a different set of cranks on? You had 3pcers on there before, didn't you? If so, you wanna sell me the older ones (if they don't suck...)?
The stock ones are stupid. They are loose-ball type, which I wouldn't mind much, but the threads for the adjusting nuts on the axle are screwed from the factory 'cuz the splines get cut right through them. They strip ASAP. Besides, the cranks weigh more than my leg.

I know man... now that I have a fellow BMXer to ride with, it's rockin'..

M

M.W.

Originally posted by KonaDude

The stock ones are stupid. They are loose-ball type, which I wouldn't mind much, but the threads for the adjusting nuts on the axle are screwed from the factory 'cuz the splines get cut right through them. They strip ASAP. Besides, the cranks weigh more than my leg.

I know man... now that I have a fellow BMXer to ride with, it's rockin'..
Ahh, okay, I thought it was new ones to replace the ones that replaced those...

Good to hear you like it. I think I'm gonna start riding mine a lot more once the highschools get in and parks aren't packed all day.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
ya i almost got a bump they are sweet!!!!!
i like the one that is black and yellow its like a 2000 or 01 model

i have a schwinn joey garcia automatic trail that i suped up
ok here it is
STock bars: good question

New bars: hoffman jumping bars

stock fork: xs something or other

new fork: haro mega fork

stock wheels: light as hell

new wheels: haro unsld laced to mx-22 rims

heavy as hell wtf was i thinking???

stock sprocket: xs like 2 mm

NEw sprocket: Animal 5 mm
also for christmas

also new skid mark tires to replace the dirt digglers and i got a oddyessy modulever( you know, the older heavy ass one?) for christmas, probably would have never put that on but who cares??!!!???

so only stock items on this bike was the cranks, stem , brake, headset, and lower gyro cable. funny thing is i suck at bmx but i love it i just learned how to do a double peg grind, and im lovin iT!!!!!!!!

:D :cool: :)

Ir Dan

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Orange County
Thats cool that all of you are gettin into bmx. my current setup is really different then it normally is. ng dirtbike frame wiht ditchforks but racer wheels and no pegs