Quantcast

Boarding Stevens today (Wed 2nd)

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Well, it's about over for Stevens. Rode today and the coverage is really thin and there was like no one there. No snow is forcasted for this weekend and with some warm weather next week, it will be all gone. Chatted with a couple lifties (lift operators), and they said this weekend will probably be it unless they receive at least a foot. That's not gonna happen. Say goodbye to the 04/05 snow season.

What's really bad is that one of the lifties rode with me on his break and said that they (Stevens management) couldn't PAY them for 3 more days!!!! What's up with that? Don't count on any discounts on your passes this year.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
baker was pitiful last weekend as well... :dead: i'll be able to report how whistler is (expect the worst) after this weekend.

Honeywell

Monkey
Sep 21, 2001
Bellingham
Yeah, they say it's supposed to warm up to 62 this Monday. And this was the season I was actually going to really get into skiing too, not anymore though...

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
:( poopy!

i will be really surprised if atleast one local resort doesnt turn to lift accessible mountain biking to help generate more revenue in the near future seasons...another winter like this and we will be saying goodbye to a resort or two due to lack o' money.

im glad im only out 500 for a seasons pass this winter...some poor bastards are out 800+ bucks :(

MrCookie

Chimp
Mar 1, 2005
Bend, OR
I'm in Bend, OR.
Bachelor is doing it's best to trick people into thinking that coverage is good. It's claiming 61 inches, but the bare spots say otherwise. The main webcam is pointed at a slope that has snowmaking, so it actually looks better than it is.

Mt Bailey cat skiing seems to have tossed in the towel, perhaps forever.

Can't wait for the trails to finish drying out...

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
seand said:
:( poopy!

i will be really surprised if atleast one local resort doesnt turn to lift accessible mountain biking to help generate more revenue in the near future seasons...another winter like this and we will be saying goodbye to a resort or two due to lack o' money.

im glad im only out 500 for a seasons pass this winter...some poor bastards are out 800+ bucks :(
Ouch! out 500 bucks. I purchased a weekday plus pass last spring for 249 and have gotten my moneys worth this season. Sorry about your loss.

Wish they would open up one or two resorts for mtn. biking; that would be sweet for us.

Hey dude from Bend. Thanks for the real update on conditions at Bachelor. Think I'm heading back down to tahoe again for another kick ass weekend :love:

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
well the 500 was for two seasons passes to snoqualmie...so im only out 250/pass but paid for 2 passes :)

i was at bachelor at the beginning of jan and there were some good powder stashes here and there...but yeah, from what im told its not worth the trek down :/

im tempted to hide in your trunk to get back to tahoe :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Toshi said:
baker was pitiful last weekend as well... :dead: i'll be able to report how whistler is (expect the worst) after this weekend.
whistler was pretty sad after all. crusty snow. :dead: still fun, of course, but way too east coast for my taste