Quantcast

Bode Miller - what a joke!

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
"yah he was seen at the bar last night" ha that cracked me up, its kinda sad though(his results)

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
mmcg sounds like a sheep right now. a pure, bonafide sheep. and N8 and burleyshirly are sounding like dumbasses.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
how the hell can you over hype someone who has world titles under their belt? if you consider someone who consistently wins at the level he competes at, a bum then something is skewed with your pov.

J

JRB

gnurider1080 said:
mmcg sounds like a sheep right now. a pure, bonafide sheep. and N8 and burleyshirly are sounding like dumbasses.
Yeah - but mmcg is the only surprise in that.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
This is like that fvckin ghey ass Bender thread in the DH forum. The guy is obviously quite a good skier. He didn't win outright so the dumbass idiot part of America rejects him. What's new? You've always had a part of your country that's as mature as teething two year old.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
MMcG said:
Never said I could.

Just pointing out that he failed to live up to the hype.

hey did you happen to catch his runs? no i'm not a mmcg hater, i'm watching right now. he ROXOR the DH. he won that part, their just starting the other part now.

i wonder how it will end... :)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
oh man. i just saw it. it was a set of in and outs (i dont know the real name for it) and he actually split a red and blue. there's like foot between them and somehow managed to split 'em.

J

JRB

I heard that Bode Miller is gay and was drinking with that queer figure skater.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
MMcG said:
Even the commentator on TV was noting how fatigued he was after that run.
and i thought he was ridiculous for saying so. they guy just threw down one of the fastest runs.....

just admit it, bode was fast last night. he screwed up, but he was fast.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
amydalayna said:
and i thought he was ridiculous for saying so. they guy just threw down one of the fastest runs.....

just admit it, bode was fast last night. he screwed up, but he was fast.
I'm a pretty good skier... but I wish I had 1/4 the talent he does!!! the guy is fast... and impressively strong to recover from some of the near misses he has had, and still finish!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Well he's got a few more chances to prove me wrong right?

What events are left for him to compete in?

For the US medal hopes - here's hoping he proves me wrong.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
MMcG said:
Well he's got a few more chances to prove me wrong right?

What events are left for him to compete in?

For the US medal hopes - here's hoping he proves me wrong.
what's left is the Super G, Giant Slalom, and Slalom.

I think you're ridiculous for saying that unless he gets a medal, that he's all hype.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i happened to catch the replay of that near fall/unreal recovery from Bode's run @ the '02 olympics...damn, i'd forgotten about that. to go onto win the race after that was unbelievable.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
amydalayna said:
what's left is the Super G, Giant Slalom, and Slalom.

I think you're ridiculous for saying that unless he gets a medal, that he's all hype.

I know you you think that, and I respect that.

I guess I'm the kind of guy who likes to root for the unknown guys like that Ligety guy that took the Gold for the USA.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
MMcG said:
I guess I'm the kind of guy who likes to root for the unknown guys like that Ligety guy that took the Gold for the USA.
i'm all about cheering for the underdog,
but saying that someone that is one of the best is all hype is just plain silly.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
MMcG said:
I know you you think that, and I respect that.

Unknown? He was the National slalom champion and the National downhill combined champ in 2005.

Just because Joe Public doesn't follow alpine ski racing doesn't mean he's an "unknown"....... :rolleyes:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
amydalayna said:
i'm all about cheering for the underdog,
but saying that someone that is one of the best is all hype is just plain silly.

I guess what I'm saying is that Bode needs to prove it to me.

I like many other people around the world don't religiously follow the sport of alpine skiiing. So for me, and probably for many others, they wanna see some results from this guy.

Now I give mad props to the female DHer from the US who came back from that major fall the other day in practice to compete today. And her finish was strong considering the circumstances too! Thumbs up to her.

J

JRB

Would someone verify the rumor about Bode and the figure skater, please???

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So MMcG starts a critical thread about Bode Miller and gets called an idiot, dumbass, jackass and dick for having a negative opinion. Nice. :rolleyes: Funny, I don't see MMcG firing back with the insults, either.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
MMcG said:
I guess what I'm saying is that Bode needs to prove it to me.

I like many other people around the world don't religiously follow the sport of alpine skiiing. So for me, and probably for many others, they wanna see some results from this guy.

Now I give mad props to the female DHer from the US who came back from that major fall the other day in practice to compete today. And her finish was strong considering the circumstances too! Thumbs up to her.
he hasn't proved it to you with his MANY world cup wins. the only thing this man hasn't won is an olympic title.

it's like saying Nico or ACC didn't do **** b/c the one year you got into downhill racing they both lost a world cup race or world championships. that's a ****ing absurd thing to even begin to claim.

you ever done somehting that has very, very small margins that caused you to not get what you wanted? is boonen a chump b/c he was outsprinted by pettachi the other day? is lance a chump b/c he didn't win every stage you witnessed of the tour?

my guess is you'd say yes based on what you've said through this entire thread.

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
So MMcG starts a critical thread about Bode Miller and gets called an idiot, dumbass, jackass and dick for having a negative opinion. Nice. :rolleyes: Funny, I don't see MMcG firing back with the insults, either.
It's all hard for him to dispute. He always seems like a prick. Much like Jackson always razzes people.

Down with MMcG. He shall take the place of MMike, as the resident hated.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I Are Baboon said:
He's not. He's apparently a very even headed individual. :thumb:

I'm still going to change his mind. :p

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
insulting him will do wonders in your attempt to get him to listen! :thumb:
I did finally see him lose faith in people with that zmtber kid.