Quantcast

Bored at Work. Again.

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
Sigh. I'm bored at work again.
BUT, I am riding Diablo on Sunday if anyone is going.
Have a good day/weekend.

Kat
:looney:

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
i am kinda busy, but totally can't concentrate.
i'm going to vent my current frustration:
i moved to tahoe 3 years ago. my mom does not fly (very afraid) and has never come to visit me. a year ago i bought my first house here so i started giving her a really hard time about not visiting.
she decides to take a bus (against everyone saying it sounded like a bad idea). she left tuesday and was supposed to get here at 6.50am. now if we're lucky she'll be here by 8pm. she hasn't slept, the bus is filled with crazies, it's broken down, been delayed, etc...
now i feel soooo guilty for trying to get her to come out here.

sigh

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
amydalayna said:
i am kinda busy, but totally can't concentrate.
i'm going to vent my current frustration:
i moved to tahoe 3 years ago. my mom does not fly (very afraid) and has never come to visit me. a year ago i bought my first house here so i started giving her a really hard time about not visiting.
she decides to take a bus (against everyone saying it sounded like a bad idea). she left tuesday and was supposed to get here at 6.50am. now if we're lucky she'll be here by 8pm. she hasn't slept, the bus is filled with crazies, it's broken down, been delayed, etc...
now i feel soooo guilty for trying to get her to come out here.

sigh
:( I'm sorry for your mother. I too hate bus trips. Maybe she can get a train home? You can make it up to her with a big hug and a cozy space to shower & sleep when she gets there. I hope you enjoy having her out for a visit!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
SuperKat said:
Sigh. I'm bored at work again.
BUT, I am riding Diablo on Sunday if anyone is going.
Have a good day/weekend.

Kat
:looney:
:nope: You should ditch work tomorrow and come up to Deck Party...stay over and teach me some tricks on Sunday. THEN, hit Diablo with us Monday :devil:

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
feel soooo guilty
hmph- mothers are good at that kind of thing.

Why should you feel guilty she had a crappy bus ride? Many people are afraid of flying and there are plenty of things to do to counteract that (hypnosis, therapy etc) and if she chooses not to go that way and take the bus - that's her choice. She could choose to get over her fear, drive, lots of other ways to go. Guilt is for something you've done wrong.

just my 2 cents..

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
TreeSaw said:
:( I'm sorry for your mother. I too hate bus trips. Maybe she can get a train home? You can make it up to her with a big hug and a cozy space to shower & sleep when she gets there. I hope you enjoy having her out for a visit!
yeah. she's taking a train home. but greyhound is being such b*tches and won't refun her home ticket. i'm so annoyed

geargrrl said:
hmph- mothers are good at that kind of thing.

Why should you feel guilty she had a crappy bus ride? Many people are afraid of flying and there are plenty of things to do to counteract that (hypnosis, therapy etc) and if she chooses not to go that way and take the bus - that's her choice. She could choose to get over her fear, drive, lots of other ways to go. Guilt is for something you've done wrong.
She's try hypnosis. She doesn't feel any different. I can't understand, because i'm not afraid of flying, but it's just her thing. She's really afraid of flying.

It just sucks because if she flew she'd be here already and we'd be hanging out having a good time.

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
Amy...Sorry about the Mom/bus mess. Planes are tough to trust these days, but I would think a bus ride might bring some characters out of their hiding spots. I hope it works out.
Tree...I WISH! I would love to ditch work, but I was never good at skipping school either, the same guilt applies to work. Catholic school upbringing I guess...

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
I've lived in Cali, Chicago and now in Boulder and my mom has NEVER come out to visit me. In the last 15 years, I don't think she's left Michigan. Makes me sad that she doesn't want to see where I live and how happy I am. Oh well....bet she doesn't even feel guilty about it :rolleyes:

And don't you feel guilty....it was her choice to take the bus. I bet she's happy now that she got to see you and completely forgot how crappy the bus ride was.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
SuperKat said:
Amy...Sorry about the Mom/bus mess. Planes are tough to trust these days, but I would think a bus ride might bring some characters out of their hiding spots. I hope it works out.
Tree...I WISH! I would love to ditch work, but I was never good at skipping school either, the same guilt applies to work. Catholic school upbringing I guess...
LOL!!! I NEED to ride my DH bike more. I am not used to it and find myself second guessing my skills. :rolleyes:

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
weimie said:
I've lived in Cali, Chicago and now in Boulder and my mom has NEVER come out to visit me. In the last 15 years, I don't think she's left Michigan. Makes me sad that she doesn't want to see where I live and how happy I am. Oh well....bet she doesn't even feel guilty about it :rolleyes:

And don't you feel guilty....it was her choice to take the bus. I bet she's happy now that she got to see you and completely forgot how crappy the bus ride was.
ohhh. she'll never forget how crappy her bus ride was.
i'm pretty sure it took a year off her life.

all the delays on the bus were so crazy that she got in 15 hours later. there was fighting on the bus. crazies at the terminals...
so she decided to take the train back.
she was supposed to be back to connecticut today at 4pm.
well...... the train hit someone 2 nights ago. train is delayed 24 hours. not she is going to be home tomorrow at 4pm. hopefully.

i doubt she will come and visit me again. sigh.

treesaw, i haven't been riding my dh bike as much this year either. i blame it on northstar being closed. i've taked it out maybe 4 times around here and for a week in whistler. bummer.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
My mother is coming out for a month to watch my sister's baby (who I live with). I am deciding on:

1. Living in a box by the highway.
2. Sleeping in my office.
3. Hiding in my bedroom closet when I am home.

Also I am available to house sit...

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
amydalayna said:
all the delays on the bus were so crazy that she got in 15 hours later. there was fighting on the bus. crazies at the terminals...
well...... the train hit someone 2 nights ago. train is delayed 24 hours. not she is going to be home tomorrow at 4pm. hopefully.
That's terrible. It once took my dad 3 extra days to get from boise, ID to Boston, MA because of frozen tracks...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
amydalayna said:
treesaw, i haven't been riding my dh bike as much this year either. i blame it on northstar being closed. i've taked it out maybe 4 times around here and for a week in whistler. bummer.
Well, I sold my old faithful DH bike not knowing how much riding I would get in with the baby. Then, I ended up buying an AS-X and it's SO different than my Ironhorse...a good different in some ways (it fits me so much better and I can move it around more) but I don't feel as confident on it (yet). Guess I need to get on it more. Maybe I should suck it up and deal with it on an XC ride or 2 :think:

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
amydalayna said:
Wow :eek: I take back what I said. What a crazy, rotten situation she had to deal with.