Quantcast

Boulder City bike choice

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
For those of you who have ridden Bootleg Canyon may be able to help with this one. I'm moving back to Vegas at the end of the summer (yuck) and am looking for something to have fun with out there.

I'm 5'10", 175#, not very skilled, and tend to just bulldoze and let the bike do it's thing at this point. I like a lot standover height (guess it helps me to feel more in control) but don't really know enough about geometry and what not to make an educated decision. I just figure I'll get used to whatever I get regardless.

Price, about 1500 or so, give or take a bit for the frame. I've got a 24 bikes le dude that I just may ride till the wheels fall off and need something else. But a new frame . . . . :D

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
Ummm, ok, so did Bender's bike in one of those Down videos but I'm not sure that it helps much in this case. Thanks for the feedback though. Any others?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You might contact go-ride.com and ask them; they're probably very familiar with riding conditions at Bootleg.

I'd think a V10 for what you're talking about (running crap over in steep, rough terrain.)

MD

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
I have been riding/racing in Boulder City for 4 years now. Get a big bike, I would reccomend a Ventanna, with bomber wheels and 2 ply tires. No need for sticky rubber, 60's will work fine. The place is very abrasive and will chew up tires, bikes, bodies...

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, Boulder City is pretty gnarly terrain for sure. The Cuervo seems like a good choice as does the v-10. I grew up there and know it can definitely put a hurting on things.