Quantcast

Boulder, CO

Oct 9, 2006
I have a girlfriend moving to Boulder in a week and would like to get her set up with a decent shop to look after her bike when it needs maintaining. It is brand new and so it shouldnt need much however it will need assembling after I ship it out to her.

I have called a few shops and talked with their service departments and I got that choad bag feeling from all of them. The whole run around, hourly rate this I know more than you that.

So what shops do you recommend that wont scoff at building an urban hard tail freeride/commuter style bike. And wont rip her a new one because she is a girl.

Any help would be great,
Thanks

frontranger

Chimp
Apr 19, 2006
University Cycles. Or you could always drop on over to MTBR where they have a more active Colorado Forum. Lots of us would be happy to help a fellow rider out.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Just outta curiosity, did you call Full Cycle? Do you remember who you talked to? Cause I work there, and feel like, for the most part, that my co-workers are pretty chill and want to help people out....

Oct 9, 2006
Thanks for the responses. Instead of her paying $75 dollars for a shop to put the bars in the stem and put the pedals on I taught her how to do it herself. Not only will it save her $75 but she has that knowledge in the bank along with her money now.

I called full cycle before any other shop and got the biggest load of crap from them, they were the ones who quoted me $75 for a simple assembly, telling me they would have to do a full tune up and box disposal fee and that for insurance and liability reasons they couldnt touch the bike unless they did a FULL inspection/tuneup. All this depsite the fact I am a mechanic at a shop here at home, had just built the bike this week and everything is brand new.

So again thanks for the help, I know a few places where I wont be buying anything when I get to Boulder. I do however look forward to coming out there and riding and having a hell of a good summer.

If yall see a big ass silver van roll in thats me, dont be afraid to say whats up, I am always willing to ride or go boating.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Just outta curiosity, did you call Full Cycle? Do you remember who you talked to? Cause I work there, and feel like, for the most part, that my co-workers are pretty chill and want to help people out....
I talked to some guy at Full Cycle a couple weeks ago about a seat and was pretty happy. Before selling me the seat he wanted me to come in with the bike so they could check out my old one and see what the problem with it is. I'll go back.

Oct 9, 2006
Full Cycle was the shop that gave me the biggest liability run-around.

Thanks again for all the suggestions, in the end I just taught her how to do everything she needs to do. She is a fast learner, and picked it up really quickly. I got her in contact with a shop in WheatRidge that seems really cool. She is also signed up for a ladies only bike maintenance seminar.

I am not passing judgement on any shop in Boulder and I look forward to meeting all you folks when I get out there. I understand that you have to cover your backs for insurance reasons, I just dont understand $75 to put a bar on a stem and install some pedals. Bike repair being as expensive as it is was one of the reasons I taught my self how to work on them when I was 7 years old.

Thanks again and I should be in Boulder in a month or so hopefully!!!