Quantcast

Boxxer Owners

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
The SuperT on my Straight 8 finally gave it up.I have always had Marz or Manitou.Never ridden a Boxxer (no one around here has ever had one either) so I really have no idea what they are like.Of course everytime someone mentions a Boxxer on here it seems Boxxer haters come out of the woodwork.I bought a Worldcup from Stoney98 and it should be here on Thursday. Anybody care to give an unbias comparision between this fork and others you have ridden.Thanks

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I've owned a couple, and I could tell you what I thought of it, no bias, but it doesn't matter, a bunch of people will say they love them(those that own them), and a bunch of people will say that they don't.

What I'd really like to know is how YOU like it, after a couple rides. Let us know, that would perhaps be a much better "unbiased" review or piece of information. It would be more helpfull IMO.

freeriding101

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Anacortes WA
good idea let us know how those babies ride

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Originally posted by Jm_
I've owned a couple, and I could tell you what I thought of it, no bias, but it doesn't matter, a bunch of people will say they love them(those that own them), and a bunch of people will say that they don't.

What I'd really like to know is how YOU like it, after a couple rides. Let us know, that would perhaps be a much better "unbiased" review or piece of information. It would be more helpfull IMO.

Will be glad to tell you what I think after I get some rides in. I know there is people who hate it and people who love 'em.Just wondering how the ride felt compared to the others. I don't know,I may hate the way it feels but then again it may be the greatest fork ever to me.Never know til you try right:confused:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by GravityFreakTJ
The SuperT on my Straight 8 finally gave it up.I have always had Marz or Manitou.Never ridden a Boxxer (no one around here has ever had one either) so I really have no idea what they are like.Of course everytime someone mentions a Boxxer on here it seems Boxxer haters come out of the woodwork.I bought a Worldcup from Stoney98 and it should be here on Thursday. Anybody care to give an unbias comparision between this fork and others you have ridden.Thanks
What happened to your Super T?? Is it completely kaput or can it be resurrected back to life and into service?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'm sure it can be resurrected but i want to try a Worldcup(for no other reason than i am a bike/parts whore:D )
PM me with what your plans are for the Super T - If I can't buy your bike, maybe I can buy your fork! lol

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
you might find that experimenting with a team boxxer is a better bet, the suspension action is the same because the internals and structure is all the same but the price is lower so in case you dont like it then its easier to get rid of it.
tip boxxers dont really feel too good when cold or in parking lot tests.

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
I hated mine. After the 4th time sending it to Rock Shox I gave up and bought an 888. Course mine was a Race, so that doesn't help you at all. :D

You already bought it, no need to read negative comments about it now. Just ride it and enjoy.

I'm sure it can be resurrected but i want to try a Worldcup(for no other reason than i am a bike/parts whore:D )
I have the World Cup on my Turner its sick!..at first I wasnt sure that I liked it, then i got it all set up corect!..man its sweet!! Rock Shox has done well, I rode Whislter all last weekend on it set up right...man!!... Its sweet..I am so happy now! and its 3.5 lbs lighter than my old monster T. :D

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by bibs
ok, col..I wasnt sure....Whistler is rockin!! Luc, get up here!.......:D

well do the shore and Whistler.;) :D
Can I get in on that? I really really really want to ride some of the north van or maybe mt 7 trails. I can give you beer, lots and lots of beer, and hookers, I know lots of hookers that Jeremy R introduced me to when he was out here on vacation. Aw come on, I ride a turner even.

and oh yeah, boxxers work really well when they work with the non 03 guts.

Originally posted by kidwoo
Can I get in on that? I really really really want to ride some of the north van or maybe mt 7 trails. I can give you beer, lots and lots of beer, and hookers, I know lots of hookers that Jeremy R introduced me to when he was out here on vacation. Aw come on, I ride a turner even.

and oh yeah, boxxers work really well when they work with the non 03 guts.

beer and hookers you say...hmmm......sir, it sounds like oyu can come to visit also....but make sure theres enough beer t omake hte hookers look really goood!!;) :D

Originally posted by Acadian
dude...I've been offering this for a while now! Lets get something going foo...you, I, Van bound!! yipee!! :cool:

for sure, you let me know the date and its all done...We can go ride with Mocha and Universe if they are free....hit up the shore then hit up WHistler then some local seattle stuff....June 9th is my B-day so there will be a house party at my place.....maybe ;) :D Im at work now, so send me a email with dates and Ill figure it out later tonite....(cant check email here :( )

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
dude...I've been offering this for a while now! Lets get something going foo...you, I, Van bound!! yipee!! :cool:
True. I am the foo. But I already told you what I can't do. I can't get no more vacation for the Woo. Therefore I can't go in June with you. I have to go after the fourth of july in lieu. Maybe we can take a day that week and get bibbs to show us something new?..........maybe two?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I can't do any "day here or day there" of riding. It's all in Whistler July 5th to 12th.
Can't? Absolutely can't? Like you're going to get beaten if you leave whistler for a day?

You hang out with wierdos :D

Maybe maybe maybe MABYE towards the end of summer. Depends on work.............which you're not helping now.;)

Morpheus is about to call you on the phone...........

...............pick it up.

Originally posted by kidwoo
Can't? Absolutely can't? Like you're going to get beaten if you leave whistler for a day?

You hang out with wierdos :D

Maybe maybe maybe MABYE towards the end of summer. Depends on work.............which you're not helping now.;)

Morpheus is about to call you on the phone...........

...............pick it up.

"hes french.....ischnt veird" Goldmember voice.. ;)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Morpheus Cellulite was out of cream! :(

I would sacrifice one day of Whistler to rip Vancouver...but I rather go another time where I can take avantage than more than just one day!

I'll call you later on today in between my gazillion meetings :dead:

Cool. And then you can tell me what Morpheus Cellulite being out of cream means.

Living in the woods away from lingo makes me feel so stupid.