Quantcast

Boxxer steerer replacement??

Jun 29, 2009
washington

So here's the deal. I have a 2005 boxxer fork that has a steerer tube that is too short to put on my new '09 Giant Reign frame. Does anyone know if I can get the steerer tube replaced and how much it will cost? Thanks,
Zeke:confused:

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Unfortunately, you can't get the steerer tube replaced. All you can do is replace the lower crown. Just do a google search on "lower crown boxxer". You'll get a ton of hits. How long of a steerer do you need? I might have 1 or 2 lying around that I might be willing to sell to ya.

edit: they're used so I'll sell them cheap.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2009
washington
Unfortunately, you can't get the steerer tube replaced. All you can do is replace the lower crown. Just do a google search on "lower crown boxxer". You'll get a ton of hits. How long of a steerer do you need? I might have 1 or 2 lying around that I might be willing to sell to ya.

edit: they're used so I'll sell them cheap.

I haven't gotten down to the fine tune measuring yet but just from looking at it quickly i'm guessing about 1.5 inches. maybe more, but i'll let ya know in a few days when i have time to work on it again. thanks for the replies.