Quantcast

Brake Pads

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
So, i got a bit of red oily stuff from my shock on my brakes, now they dont stop good. Any tips for revitalizing contaminated pads?

Don
This has worked for me when my pads are messed up....

Take out the pads, go to a sink, scrub them hard with Dawn Dishwashing Soap. I did it by hand on mine and after a few minutes, they were as good as new.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Take the pads out, soak them in alcohol for 3.4 hours. Then set them in your oven that is set to "clean" for 30 minutes. Keep the alcohol in the pan, because as it burns off, it will help get rid of the stuff in the oven. Then take a blow torch to the pads for approximatly 10 seconds, repeat 3 times. Then take the pads down to the church so the minister can bless them. Next, put them in the diswasher and set it to "pot scrubber", after a voodoo dance, put them on your bike. Repeat this process for the rotors.

Or just but some disc-brake cleaner at the motorcycle shop.

BlackDiamond

Chimp
Jan 25, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga CA
Originally posted by Jm_
Take the pads out, soak them in alcohol for 3.4 hours. Then set them in your oven that is set to "clean" for 30 minutes. Keep the alcohol in the pan, because as it burns off, it will help get rid of the stuff in the oven. Then take a blow torch to the pads for approximatly 10 seconds, repeat 3 times. Then take the pads down to the church so the minister can bless them. Next, put them in the diswasher and set it to "pot scrubber", after a voodoo dance, put them on your bike. Repeat this process for the rotors.

LMFAO!!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by Jm_

You forgot to add that you need to put them into your toaster before you put them in the oven, that way there's a slight glaze to them already.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Originally posted by mtnbkr4235
You forgot to add that you need to put them into your toaster before you put them in the oven, that way there's a slight glaze to them already.
sugar glaze or sprinkles?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Get a propane or mapp gas torch and burn the oil off. After thats done, on a flat surface sand the residue off the pads. Clean the rotors with alcohol and then drink a beer and your done.