Quantcast

British Series Round 2

Dec 25, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland
As always the pre-World Cup round of the British series got a good turnout of overseas riders en route to Fort William. Not sure of full results yet but from what I have heard....Peaty won by 2 seconds from Minnaar with Dan Atherton in Third, Rachel Atherton continued her dominance of womens elite and in what might be a bit of a warm up to the junior Worlds, Cyrille Kurtz won from Irelands Jamie Popham. The course was designed by the Athertons themselves.

Not sure about the 4X though I do know that the course was a bit of a monster and they were expecting times in the 40-45 second bracket on it!!

Here are some random pics I found, none of them pro snappers but you get the idea: www.mpjo.net/gallery/moelfre-2004
and
http://www.downhiller.info/NPS%20R2%20OSWESTRY/

Dec 25, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland
Originally posted by BrayDownhill
I think baltic ben reid (rides now for descent world and giant), another Irish junior actually got the 2nd in juniors ahead of poptart.

brock*
Well seeing as I am a DW boy...........
go Ben go Ben go Ben :thumb:

I heard he got 3rd but either way a good result.

BrayDownhill

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Bray, Ireland
baltic's a legend, it'd be unfortunate if he was beaten by jamie AGAIN!!! I think it was only one point seperated the two of them at the end of the last NPS in 03. Two good lads though.

brock*

BrayDownhill

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Bray, Ireland
no he's on a xs dh team, he apparently chopped the rear swingarm apart and lopped an inch off the seat and chain stays and re-welded it to make it even nippier with a shorter wheelbase etc. I think he has a couple of rear ends like that incase of any snapping issues!!! haven't seen it up close properly yet but it looks amazing.

The boy did it, 2nd.