Quantcast

Britnet Spears sighting in Mission Beach -Boxxer Related

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Does anyone in SoCal (like in SD-OC area) have a seal for a Boxxer (2001 model)? Gotta love external lubrication!!!:dead:

Also, does anyone have a soft spring for a Boxxer as well? Just one will do. S

Sell it, trade it...whatever!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I have a seal for a 02 Marzocchi (30mm stanchion). If it'll fit, it's yours...but I doubt it will, eh? (I know nothing of boxxers, but if marzo seals fit, I'm sure people would be using them as a standard upgrade...)

MD

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I've got a few boxxer seals for you, brand new, in the box............

err, no i don't, never owned a boxxer. what the hell was i thinking about?!

sorry, man.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I've never seen Spears, but I did have a Kobe Bryant encounter back in February. I was visiting a girl I was seeing in Riverside when she was working at a stationary-type of store. You know, they do scrapbook crap and other stuff chicks like. Anway, in comes Bryant's wife with Kobe following. I wish I could've had the look on his face on film, that dude was being dragged around on this chitty shopping trip with his wife. I guess when you've cheated that bad, your wife's got your dick in her hand.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Go to any bearing/hydrolic supply company with an old seal. They can get the numbers off of that to replace for 5$ or less. You have to buy the dust seals elsewhere, but I doubt that is your Leaking problem. Use ample amounts of judy butter or similar grease when re-installing, It makes a difference. If you can't find the seals, let me know I got a place right by work and could deliver to BB.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Oh yeah, I heard you have some stuff in the buy and sell forum and I was wondering if I decide to purchase from you, does the merchandise come with an Avitar and team membership?

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Pegboy said:
Oh yeah, I heard you have some stuff in the buy and sell forum and I was wondering if I decide to purchase from you, does the merchandise come with an Avitar and team membership?
so are the seal you're talking about just presses right in the leg and up to Boxxer spec? Or do I need other stuff like foam ring, wipers blah blah blah? God, if I wasn't so cheap I would never buy this bleeding fork.....so cheap I can't even pay for it yet.

The Avatar is not so exclusive anymore so sure..why not. Team membership, sure why not, jeeze, we need team riders who actually ride..I mean like even just showing up at rides count. :p You're in!!! :)

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Yeah, the seal is just below the visible grey wiper boot which essentially does nothing more than keep dust and dirt out of the open bath system. The black seal will press into the leg, ( I use a large wood dowel to push it in) . Just clean the grey wiper really good and use the grease...It should last at least 2 weeks. You could actually probably get a month or so between oil change/cleanings. You will soon find out why I almost always have oil on my stanchions. You just get to a point where you say F it and just do oil changes.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Pegboy said:
Yeah, the seal is just below the visible grey wiper boot which essentially does nothing more than keep dust and dirt out of the open bath system. The black seal will press into the leg, ( I use a large wood dowel to push it in) . Just clean the grey wiper really good and use the grease...It should last at least 2 weeks. You could actually probably get a month or so between oil change/cleanings. You will soon find out why I almost always have oil on my stanchions. You just get to a point where you say F it and just do oil changes.
coo.. bring some to BB then pls.. then in a week or so, i'll just go around saying f' it..

hooray for external lubrication!!

ps:
Heather and I will be at BB this entire weekend.. braaapt!

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Orven said:
ps: Heather and I will be at BB this entire weekend.. braaapt!
What is up with this weekend... will certain trails be closed for the women's weekend? (that is this weekend 17th/18th, right?)

Is it even worth showing up or does it get too crowded?

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Slugman said:
What is up with this weekend... will certain trails be closed for the women's weekend? (that is this weekend 17th/18th, right?)

Is it even worth showing up or does it get too crowded?
Year after year, it's never been an issue really. Certain trails are closed intermittently throughout the day especially on Sunday bec the divas do get a race run out of the weekend. It's awesome to see some of the classes taking place as they happen while you're doing your run. It's a cool thing and should be supported by all.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Orven said:
Year after year, it's never been an issue really. Certain trails are closed intermittently throughout the day especially on Sunday bec the divas do get a race run out of the weekend. It's awesome to see some of the classes taking place as they happen while you're doing your run. It's a cool thing and should be supported by all.
Cool - I was actually more concerned about getting in their way...

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Now that I've sorta solved the seals issue to stop the external lubrication, does anyone have any soft spring for a Boxxer?? I wanna deal locally before I put in an order for one...

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Pegboy said:
what about running it with only one spring? could be a good idea due to lack of "speed holes" in the Iron Pony.
I'm thinking that maybe...just maybe... someone will be inclined enough to trade his 01 Dorado for her 01 Boxxer. I think it's a fair trade with all the copius amount of maintenance and flex associated with Dorados.

Anyone wanna trade your Dorado for heather's Boxxer plus tires plus $20??? Please PM me..