Quantcast

Broke me pelvis

rowdstar

Chimp
Oct 26, 2006
san diego
this is what my wife says, she is a radiologist.

There's a big, displaced chunk out of his right iliac wing. To me, it also looks like there's a fracture of his left ilium, non-displaced.

only medical freebie youll get. hahaha

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
rowdstar, I've got an '83 GPZ550 that I'm rebuilding with all this down time. What do you ride?

Got a CT scan on Wednesday, and the doc is sticking to his recomendation of not doing any surgery. He thinks having a plate or screws or whatnot in the pelvis will be worse in the long run than just letting nature heal it up.

I'm sending the CT scans off to another doctor to get a second opinion. It does feel better every day, and I can lift my leg higher and higher.

Today I rode my bike a mile or so to get to this computer, and it felt alright. Not perfect, but it didn't hurt too bad.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
All healed up! Drinking about a gallon of water a day, sleeping plenty, and a lot of spinning on the trainer helped out a lot. Doc was flabergasted at the size of the break, how many pieces broke apart, and how well it healed. It's been 6 weeks and a day now. Time for some thrusting!

Check out www.declinemagazine.com for our latest riding nonsense here in SLO.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
All healed up! Drinking about a gallon of water a day, sleeping plenty, and a lot of spinning on the trainer helped out a lot. Doc was flabergasted at the size of the break, how many pieces broke apart, and how well it healed. It's been 6 weeks and a day now. Time for some thrusting!

Check out www.declinemagazine.com for our latest riding nonsense here in SLO.
Good to hear your back suckin' diesel. You coming to Europe next summer?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
good deal, look forward to seeing your how to's.

i want a how do EURO WC on $20 A DAY.