Quantcast

Broken my Avy DHF8s

Robin

Chimp
Nov 7, 2003
Originally posted by wysiwyg
A lefty or a USE sub has one leg, and is therefore a fork, you double the amount of legs, you get forks.
Ah, but what is forked about it when it only has one leg, it's called a fork only because of the association with normal forks. Really, it's a strut.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Originally posted by wysiwyg
A lefty or a USE sub has one leg, and is therefore a fork, you double the amount of legs, you get forks.

hmm i can see your logic but for check this, you know how a road fork looks like? (not a roadbike fork!) its a road that splits into two.

what about a for that spits into 1 road, thats a straightaway isnt it?

so i would say implicit in the nature of "forking" is that there is more than 1 "leg", hence no matter if it has 2 , 3 or 4 (like the ones you eat with) legs, its a fork.

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Originally posted by Robin
Pretty sure he ordered straight from Craig at Avalanche. 360 and myself are also both running Avy shocks and for sure those were ordered from Craig and imported.
Did you not get raped on import tax?

How much did they cost anyway (PM if you would prefer).

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Originally posted by joel hester
It has bugged me for a long time and only did i recently read in LITTER an article about the same thing which confirms how i feel. Others are suffering this too. people online everywhere place an S behind the brand name of their fork. Durados, shivers, 888s, monsters and now it is DHF8s. its just f'n retarded and i have to laugh every time i read it.

on topic, i'm sure craig will take care of you on your DHF8's cracked stanchion.
Incorrect useage of apostrophes is what bugs me - that last one shouldn't be there :p

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Originally posted by Horrendous Hack
Yes it should, because it belongs to the fork.
Yeah, I got myself confused - was thinking that ordinary nouns didn't require apostrophes but of course it's pronouns I'm thinking of - I blame the drugs :)

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
For your digusting abuse of the English language.

Also the line 'for what was that' is legitimate.
But there were two presidents' Roosevelt. (...as i cowar in the corner expecting another lashing)

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Originally posted by chromegoddess
But there were two presidents' Roosevelt. (...as i cowar in the corner expecting another lashing)
*Readies whip*

That sentence, apart from being grammatically incorrect does not make sense.

There were two Presidents with the name Roosevelt.

Robin

Chimp
Nov 7, 2003
Did you not get raped on import tax?

How much did they cost anyway (PM if you would prefer).
Yup, took a hit on the import tax, but then again I've brought a few frames and things back from the states after visiting and not paid, so I guess it balances out O.k.

The DHS with the compression adjuster cost almost bang on £400. Import duty and handling fees etc added another £100 to that. Not cheap, but it's a quality item.

He's a daddies boy, he probably doesnt even know
Seeing as I'm racing Masters this year I'll assume that wasn't aimed at me
:)

draco

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Roche-STAR
because a fork is a singlular object when assembled and on a bike. you can hold it in your hand. it is a fork.

but who cares about that or the correct way... the industry does not say "forks".

so. any word from craig?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Originally posted by draco
because a fork is a singlular object when assembled and on a bike. you can hold it in your hand. it is a fork.

but who cares about that or the correct way... the industry does not say "forks".

so. any word from craig?
see previous arguments re: pants, pliers and glasses, then realize english is a f**ked up language that has few actual rules and still breaks them repeadedly. :D

hey, can you overnight me a garbage plate? got addicted to those in college and am still suffering withdrawal symptoms.

:D
dante

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Originally posted by dante
see previous arguments re: pants, pliers and glasses, then realize english is a f**ked up language that has few actual rules and still breaks them repeadedly. :D

hey, can you overnight me a garbage plate? got addicted to those in college and am still suffering withdrawal symptoms.

:D
dante
I blame America.

You suck.

Cheers for the info Robin. Do you know the cost of the forks?

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
Edinburgh
I spoke to some chappy at avy today (not sure who) anyway he was extremely apologetic. Explained all about aluminium fatigue etc , apparently if its just a crack i should hopefully be warrenty.

So im happy and the forks have been sent on their way.

Oh on a final note , avy are phasing out the MTN series and beefing up the dhf with 45mm uppers and a new crown however this looks to be adding 1.5lbs to the weight of the fork.

oh my fork cost me £900 and the shock £300 because im an import tax avoiding swine.

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Originally posted by 360
I spoke to some chappy at avy today (not sure who) anyway he was extremely apologetic. Explained all about aluminium fatigue etc , apparently if its just a crack i should hopefully be warrenty.

So im happy and the forks have been sent on their way.

Oh on a final note , avy are phasing out the MTN series and beefing up the dhf with 45mm uppers and a new crown however this looks to be adding 1.5lbs to the weight of the fork.

oh my fork cost me £900 and the shock £300 because im an import tax avoiding swine.
How did you avoid taxes?

£900, thats excellent. Considering it's better than a Dorado and the the like.

Cheers for taking the time to tell me + remember!

I wonder it they will have a DHF10? That would be interesting.