Quantcast

Built my first hit...

PHLO

Chimp
Dec 23, 2006
Evergreen/Denver
So both my bike are now broken, I have a wee bump on my head, from forks coming apart while cruising back to the house...woot...I got some good air, off the bike :clapping: ....anyhoo..1 day of spring break down, built my first hit but can't ride it, also built a zipline for sending bikes and wood across the stream with ease.

Oh..Please! if you are feeling nice, come help build, its going to be a nice place to ride if I have anything to do with it...and I DO :) As I mentioned in my intro to ridemonkey Anyone that helps always gets first dibs on riding.

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
maybe once I get the engine into my bus, I would love to ride some trick jumps that aren't in a full on rythm line. nice log frame jumps, last time I cased one of those I broke a P1 frame, a dj1 fork and an atom lab GI street in one shot

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
Phil, man, how are you gonna break both bikes before Spring Break?! WTF. Yeah, I'd love to come build some jumps. Are you digging today?

PHLO

Chimp
Dec 23, 2006
Evergreen/Denver
Phil, man, how are you gonna break both bikes before Spring Break?! WTF. Yeah, I'd love to come build some jumps. Are you digging today?
Thinking about it...been helping my dad organize stuff, he has a lot of dirt to move at some point in the next 1-4 week...like a car garage size amount...so I plan on getting everything on this house side slope planned and set out. Getting all the dead trees cut up. My idea is to have it all kinda set without much dirt being moved, then when all the dirt is nicely pre-dug out the ground....just barrow it about and use it to top coat/sculpt the take offs, landing and berms :)

720-250-7290....I'm off all week...the sooner its ready the soon we session.

So hopefully in the next 2 months there should be a nice, northshore style trail. Then I move to the other slope for DJ's and Freeride.

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
how much acreage do you have?

will be up your way next sunday April 1st mind if a few of us stop by?

PHLO

Chimp
Dec 23, 2006
Evergreen/Denver
how much acreage do you have?

will be up your way next sunday April 1st mind if a few of us stop by?
Yeh no probs head on up...i'll get you some directions in a bit
Just stopped for a lunch...today is brill, like the bike gods are keeping me happy as both bikes are dead right now. I got a big backhoe/front loader thingys, helping my dad, so lots of free pre dug dirt, and a dug up a bunch of railway sleepers :) I can now built a nice trials area....:monkeydance:

..if the week keeps going like this and I get stuff built....I think come friday, i'll be riding my dads hybrid.

literocola

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
Phil, ****ty about your forks commin apart like that. And your King hub. I may be able to get you one from the shop, these guys have King hubs e very where.

I'm looking at a Mango hub right now. I want it for my bike.

I'll give ya a call soon.

PHLO

Chimp
Dec 23, 2006
Evergreen/Denver
Its on the way to Mt Evans, and Echo Park...I'm on that road off evergreen parkway....if you or anyone want an the actual physical address please IM me or email philr666@hotmail.com...i'll give out info that way.
Cheers

Oh, the Zipline is only for bikes and wood, and beer etc...don't think it will hold over 100lb.

The trials area is looking pretty sick...my neighbors must think i'm a right weird one...I was raking and brushing the rocks...haha....groomed rocks...yep...thats quality for you.

ASX_Andy

Chimp
Feb 23, 2007
the 3 OH! 3
cool, I used to work at a place called The Blue Spruce Market right off the evergreen parkway..next to a place called Tanglewoods, ever been there?

haha sorry to go off topic. I would be glad to come help build when this snow clears out.

PHLO

Chimp
Dec 23, 2006
Evergreen/Denver
cool, I used to work at a place called The Blue Spruce Market right off the evergreen parkway..next to a place called Tanglewoods, ever been there?

haha sorry to go off topic. I would be glad to come help build when this snow clears out.
Yep been to Tanglwood....it was well nice.

literocola

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
Talked to Pat the rich guy who is the investor for the shop. (He spends at least 30k a year on bikes... for himself)

No kings, but hes got a Hope that he may be willing to part. Let me know if yer interested.

Your neighbors prolly do think your a wierd one, but then again you are a wierd one. All us trial guys are loony.

Got a couple forks around too that would work for your bike. I will talk to Matt the boss and see a price and specs on whats layin about.

I do have some old Manitou forks that some guy left because he drove his car into his garage while the bike was still on top of the car. Ripped them in two. He said "the neighbors were watching, and instead of stopping I decided to just finish the job."

PHLO

Chimp
Dec 23, 2006
Evergreen/Denver
Talked to Pat the rich guy who is the investor for the shop. (He spends at least 30k a year on bikes... for himself)

No kings, but hes got a Hope that he may be willing to part. Let me know if yer interested.

Your neighbors prolly do think your a wierd one, but then again you are a wierd one. All us trial guys are loony.

Got a couple forks around too that would work for your bike. I will talk to Matt the boss and see a price and specs on whats layin about.

I do have some old Manitou forks that some guy left because he drove his car into his garage while the bike was still on top of the car. Ripped them in two. He said "the neighbors were watching, and instead of stopping I decided to just finish the job."

Cheers mate! my fork hopefully should be back from Marzocchi by friday...One of my mates from Florida is sending me an axle, but who knows if he has, or when he will send it.

You have to come check out the trials area at I've built...its SICK!!!

literocola

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
this 56k at home just isnt working. takes forever to just open my gmail account. I will post those pics from work tomarroz. Its all natural, but I am struggling on commiting on going down rocks. Its easy to get some decent gaps when they are level, but when it comes to going down a decent rock to rock I get scared, I know I dont lack the skills to do it, but I lack the confidence in myself. An oxymoron much? Did you ever have this problem when you were learning natty?

I've also been working on that little front wheel trick you do with your foot, and am getting the hang of it, but I am having a hard time working the front brake and I find myself going over the bars pretty much every time.... arrg.

I also got my mtn. bike up and running. Its amazing what a bled brake, new pads and some Danger Boy levers will do. We have to get Rob up to your place for some Cool-Aid while I have a few beers with ya.