Quantcast

'Bull Durham' Event Canceled on Robbins War Stance

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Baseball's Hall of Fame has canceled its tribute for the 15th anniversary of the film "Bull Durham" because of the anti-war stance of the movie's stars, Tim Robbins and his longtime partner, Susan Sarandon.

Hall of Fame President Dale Petroskey, a former aide to President Ronald Reagan, canceled an April 26-27 celebration of the film, saying Robbins and Sarandon endangered U.S. troops in Iraq by flashing peace signs to cameras at the Academy Awards ceremony last month and by speaking against the conflict.

Robbins told Reuters in an interview that he was stunned by the decision and charged that Petroskey was playing politics by trying to turn baseball into "a Republican sport.
story

Tim Robbins endangering the lives of thousands. :eek:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by Spud
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Baseball's Hall of Fame has canceled its tribute for the 15th anniversary of the film "Bull Durham" because of the anti-war stance of the movie's stars, Tim Robbins and his longtime partner, Susan Sarandon.

Hall of Fame President Dale Petroskey, a former aide to President Ronald Reagan, canceled an April 26-27 celebration of the film, saying Robbins and Sarandon endangered U.S. troops in Iraq by flashing peace signs to cameras at the Academy Awards ceremony last month and by speaking against the conflict.

Robbins told Reuters in an interview that he was stunned by the decision and charged that Petroskey was playing politics by trying to turn baseball into "a Republican sport.
story

Tim Robbins endangering the lives of thousands. :eek:
Must be those fingers of mass destruction I'm hearing so much about. Remind me again how the politics of the stars concerns the movie....oh it doesn't, that's right.:confused: :rolleyes:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Tim's an @sshole for one reason...

I saw the interview and Tim actually said that it was sad that the guy at the Hall of Fame was using his position to put forth his political agenda.

I wonder how all the people who've had a financial stake in his career, the people who've shaped him into the actor he is today, feel about him using his position to put forth his political agenda.

Hypocrit.