Quantcast

Bulldozing homes of palestinians?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
So what do you think about the recent Israeli tactic of buldozing the homes of Palistinian suicide bombers or deporting the families...

i'm not sure where I stand on it.

On one hand, it is a fairly non-violent way to keep people from bombing. They figure, hey... I've got nothing to loose, I'm going to kill myself anyway, and my familywill get $30,000 from Sadam anyway. Now they will think twice about it.

On the other hand, you are punishing innocent civilians for the crimes of their children/family.

Where do you all stand?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by -BB-
So what do you think about the recent Israeli tactic of buldozing the homes of Palistinian suicide bombers or deporting the families...

i'm not sure where I stand on it.

On one hand, it is a fairly non-violent way to keep people from bombing. They figure, hey... I've got nothing to loose, I'm going to kill myself anyway, and my familywill get $30,000 from Sadam anyway. Now they will think twice about it.

On the other hand, you are punishing innocent civilians for the crimes of their children/family.

Where do you all stand?
It's a short-term solution that I don't even think will work in the short term.

It is disastrous to set the precedent that an innocent can be punished for the crimes of a relative.

R

RideMonkey

At this point the Israelis should try any and every option available to them.

The terrorists are not only spineless cowards, they are stupid too. Lately their bombings have killed foreign workers from around the globe, Americans, and even other Palestinians.

I'd like to see extreme measures taken.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by Damn True
Deterant?
obviously that's what they're thinking, but I really don't think it will help. Even if it did, it's a VERY temporary solution.

One side is going to have to give before anything useful can happen, and that will not occur until either Sharon or Arafat is gone. Until then, any "deterrent" is just going to cause more resentment that will oncrease the killing and make things even more difficult once those two jackasses either die or are removed from power.

ATXjimATX

the artist formerly known as OldDickDynamite
Oct 4, 2001
Austin, TEXAS
Originally posted by RideMonkey
At this point the Israelis should try any and every option available to them.

The terrrists are not only spineless cowards, they are stupid too.
i'm pretty sure that if given comparable weapons, financial support and materiel backing; the Palestinians would be happy to fight Israel on their own terms. They are not equipped or supported to do this, so they try to use what they have to maximum effect. it is ugly and terrible. i think they make a lot of poor choices.
it is a big circle of $#it over there
both sides inflict terror

Israelis are better at it (they kill Palestinians at a rate of about 3 to 1 since the intifada began)
both sides are pretty wrong