Quantcast

BULLET ZZYZX DH w/upgrade

G

grommet

Yet another possible freeride fork that I may be interested in. This one has a Hanebrink 6" upgrade. Any thoughts or other such feedback. Oh yea it's going on a pimped out Giant AC2..and no I don't care about the warranty issue.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
those forks are a maitenance nightmare, they can be ok for some applications but for freeride i must say they are the worst alternative possible,
see they dont tolerate dust or water, and their small hit compliance is like the one of a rigid fork, plus if you go freeriding the fork would probaby swallow dirt during the uphill part and then when you need it, it will seize (these fork seize bigtime, zero travel when the plastic bushings swell with moisture or when they just dont want the fork to move) and you will be rigid again.........

v

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by grommet
Yet another possible freeride fork that I may be interested in. This one has a Hanebrink 6" upgrade. Any thoughts or other such feedback. Oh yea it's going on a pimped out Giant AC2..and no I don't care about the warranty issue.
I'd pass on those also, I am selling some 2000 White Brothers DH<2's that were just rebuilt 3 weeks ago and never reinstalled if you are interested? They are far better than the 2 forks you described.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
I personally would buy the White Bro`s DH<2`s from Brian I have had good luck with mine and I will buy another White bros product ,if I build a new bike . Get the White Bros you will not be disappointed:thumb: :thumb: , All that I hav ever heard about the hanabrik stuff is bad news so stay away

red

Chimp
Oct 5, 2001
connecticut
2000 marzocchi jr.T 5 inches of travel if anyone is interested it has a 8 1/4 inch steerer,the lowers have some scratches but the fork works fine....i'm looking to get $300 for it....

Attachments

KonaDude

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada.
Originally posted by red
2000 marzocchi jr.T 5 inches of travel if anyone is interested it has a 8 1/4 inch steerer,the lowers have some scratches but the fork works fine....i'm looking to get $300 for it....
I realize you're kinda trying to help, but this isn't really the place for posting ads...

Kinda not cool.