Quantcast

bumper sticker

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i saw this....

"My God is bigger than my cancer" centered between two pink ribbons in pink lettering on a white sticker.

it's a shame one is a fairy tale and one will kill her.

trailrider1

Monkey
Jun 2, 2009
are you fning kidding? fairy tail my ass. omg your frieking joking. you started a thread to state your a one minded egotistic athiest?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
thats because its such a stupid joke. hes calling God a fairy tail.
God isn't even a fairy tale. Snow White's followers don't got out and kill Cinderella worshippers.

God is a horrific myth, exploited by amoral and evil people who wish to take advantage of the stupid and ignorant.

trailrider1

Monkey
Jun 2, 2009
are you guys kidding me? explain to me how all these trails and forest we ride in are here? science? you cant make a blade of grass, no matter what.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
are you guys kidding me? explain to me how all these trails and forest we ride in are here? science? you cant make a blade of grass, no matter what.
You're gonna have to learn to choose your battles...come with better grammar and spelling too. The intertoobs, IMHO, is a terrible medium to debate religion.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Let me guess, a big, fake guy that lives on a cloud like the care bears sat down and invented it.

I don't think that you paid any attention in science class. Photosynthesis, oxygen, water, etc. Those properties are a few of the many that contribute to making grass.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
:rofl:

Not sure if you guys pay attention to other forums here but but I'm pretty sure trailrider1 is a 14 year old from Georgia. I had a good 'ole southern upbringing so I understand where he's coming from.
I lived in Birmingham, Alabama until I was 11 so don't bring in the southern upbringing excuse.:D

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
i saw this....

"My God is bigger than my cancer" centered between two pink ribbons in pink lettering on a white sticker.

it's a shame one is a fairy tale and one will kill her.
That would piss me off if I was her doctor. Basically, Jesus gets the credit if you're successful, and you get all the blame if you're not. That's a **** deal.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
This is an athiest board. Us christians aren't allowed here. Stick to the lounge, put Silver on ignore and you'll be fine, Trailrider.

A guy sitting on a cloud? :think: Well if it works for you go with it. Personally I am not arrogant enough to think that I know and understand the true nature of God.

But then I guess you can't be blamed. Being an athiest and all.

Anyhoo.. sorry for the interruption, please resume your bashing.

trailrider1

Monkey
Jun 2, 2009
lol, im apperently a good ole southern boy... i was born here, my parents are the biggest northerners in the world.
and yes the ignore button is a wonderfull tool.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I lived in Birmingham, Alabama until I was 11 so don't bring in the southern upbringing excuse.:D
Yeah but was your Mom the choir director? My parents' ideals are only marginally short of Carrie's mom.

lol, im apperently a good ole southern boy... i was born here, my parents are the biggest northerners in the world.
and yes the ignore button is a wonderfull tool.
You're right, I have nothing in common with you. Thanks for proving that.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Photosynthesis, oxygen, water, etc. Those properties are a few of the many that contribute to making grass.
So where did all that come from? Just some massive interstellar accident? From where did the puddle of primordial ooze and the thunderclap come from?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
So where did all that come from? Just some massive interstellar accident? From where did the puddle of primordial ooze and the thunderclap come from?
I don't know.

I don't believe some magically cloud fairy had anything to do with it in 6 days.

I still want to know if all of you who believe in a god believe in santa, the tooth fairy, the easter bunny, old mother hubbard, etc.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
This is an athiest board. Us christians aren't allowed here. Stick to the lounge, put Silver on ignore and you'll be fine, Trailrider.

A guy sitting on a cloud? :think: Well if it works for you go with it. Personally I am not arrogant enough to think that I know and understand the true nature of God.

But then I guess you can't be blamed. Being an athiest and all.

Anyhoo.. sorry for the interruption, please resume your bashing.
Yeah, there's really no one on the planet more persecuted than a Christian in the USA. God only knows how hard you guys have it.

If Jesus existed, I imagine he'd be embarrassed at how big a pussy you are. Here's a guy who was tortured to death, and you feel all put out of place because someone challenged your irrational beliefs. Waaahhhh!

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I don't know.

I don't believe some magically cloud fairy had anything to do with it in 6 days.

I still want to know if all of you who believe in a god believe in santa, the tooth fairy, the easter bunny, old mother hubbard, etc.
I'm more interested in their beliefs regarding Ra, Thor, Allah, Apollo, Xenu, Moroni, etc.

Of course, those are all crazy myths...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I don't know.

Not getting into a religious debate with you. What's the point? Do you really think that you can prove or disprove the existance of God? You can't, I can't and nor can any of the rest of you despite what you might think.

And science is not incompatible with religion.

<sigh> I don't know why I even bother replying. Maybe you all are my pennance. :p

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
And science is not incompatible with religion.
I would beg to differ, just because of fact v. faith. I think its more you believe in one or the other. why do you think it does?

But hey, if "thinking" your "god" is stronger than your cancer, and that placebo effect works...Whatever works for ya, right?

Last edited:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I would beg to differ, just because of fact v. faith. I think its more you believe in one or the other. why do you think it does?

But hey, if "thinking" your "god" is stronger than your cancer, and that placebo effect works...Whatever works for ya, right?
Not what I am thinking. And it's a rather simplistic point of view, IMO. Or maybe I should say that science is not incompatible with a belief in God.

Not going to discuss my beliefs or my religion, etc. You all won't listen to anything I say so what's the point. There is no way I am going to change your mind so it would be a pointless discussion.

I will say this though. the more science I learn, the more I believe in God, the more I trust science. Does that make sense to you? I didn't think so.

I do feel that praying for a cure instead of going to the doctor is stupid, and possibly a bit blasphemous.

Last edited:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Not getting into a religious debate with you. What's the point? Do you really think that you can prove or disprove the existance of God? You can't, I can't and nor can any of the rest of you despite what you might think.
And, as far as I know, that's a claim that none of the usual atheist suspects here has made.

You poor persecuted soul...

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
What??? 2 pages into this and no one is pointing out and replying with pictures of trailrider1's use of fairy tail?????

Does your god Kidwoo not have a sense of humor or ability to search google images??

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If god isn't a fairy tail then he gave the lady cancer. Kind of like Santa Claus but instead of gifts he brings tortuous death.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Yeah, there's really no one on the planet more persecuted than a Christian in the USA. God only knows how hard you guys have it.

If Jesus existed, I imagine he'd be embarrassed at how big a pussy you are. Here's a guy who was tortured to death, and you feel all put out of place because someone challenged your irrational beliefs. Waaahhhh!
Well Silver you hit the nail on the head. We're the richest people on the planet, and yet 35,000 little brown kids in Africa die each nite.......but we're too busy spending like 35 million a year on ice cream alone........enough to provide every brown kid in Africa clean water to drink.

Now there was this Rabbi about 2000 years ago that taught about taking care of the poor, sick.........what was his Name???

Of all the Christians in history we are the richest and have pissed it away on all sorts of crap instead of actually making the world a better place like our Rabbi taught. I would say even more than those who started the Crusades and such we'll collectively be held accountable for how we pissed away the opportunity to make creation more like God intended it to be.

Hold on let me get off this soap box...........:rolleyes:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I will say this though. the more science I learn, the more I believe in God, the more I trust science.
This is sort of a Buddhist approach and it's been what works for me. I was raised Roman Catholic and used it a base growing up. But as science disproves faith, the faith fades.

I still hold a notion of "god" in a sense that someone started something somewhere. But if there were a God in the traditional sense that I was taught in school, then why would he allow someone like Father Oliie do what he did in his (God's) house?