Quantcast

Bunch Of New Bike Magazine Content?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Someone pointed this out on another forum.
Anything we should know?
Nothing super interesting - The Arena Group acquired the assets of the previous owners of Bike Mag, which includes us. New owners means they are starting up content again. These big media empires just shuffle digital assets around between each other.

So far it doesn't mean much for us, except that it's generally good for Ridemonkey if Bike Mag stays around, since we're kinda attached at the hip at this point.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Apparently not. One of my friends is a new writer for them.
From Cyd:

“Yeah, long story short:

Arena Group (big company, owns Sports Illustrated, and a gazillion other titles, picked up the Adventure Network (Powder, Bike, Surfer, etc) this winter.

I got hired this spring as gear editor, did a podcast that mostly covered the ski side, but pretty much the same deal for bikes. Only change since that podcast is that the print question is much more of a "it's coming soon!" then the "I just got hired and can't say for sure" answer I had back in the spring.

No AI, everybody who's writing for the site rides mountain bikes a bunch. I've got budget for freelance gear writers, so if anybody here wants to share their expert opinions with the rest of the world, slide into my DMs. Same goes for other questions, happy to answer 'em!”

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Apparently not. One of my friends is a new writer for them.
From Cyd:

“Yeah, long story short:

Arena Group (big company, owns Sports Illustrated, and a gazillion other titles, picked up the Adventure Network (Powder, Bike, Surfer, etc) this winter.

I got hired this spring as gear editor, did a podcast that mostly covered the ski side, but pretty much the same deal for bikes. Only change since that podcast is that the print question is much more of a "it's coming soon!" then the "I just got hired and can't say for sure" answer I had back in the spring.

No AI, everybody who's writing for the site rides mountain bikes a bunch. I've got budget for freelance gear writers, so if anybody here wants to share their expert opinions with the rest of the world, slide into my DMs. Same goes for other questions, happy to answer 'em!”
Please hire Gary!