Quantcast

Burlington Mother F'ing Vermont.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Been on my bucket list for a while and finally I get to go in June. Long story but basically my bother-in-law's best man is kind of a loser so I stepped up and booked my brother-in-laws bachelor party there based around an itinerary that I would enjoy (Sneaky but he enjoys the same stuff and is really happy) I've included a fishing charter and a limo to the breweries etc... and of course a water-front house. I'm probably going to be the only one to bring a bike but I would like to hit some of the flat trails around the city and out to South Hero.

Any of you locals have any recommendations on things to not miss?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Check out American flatbread. Preferably the Waitsfield location if you can swing it. Best pizza I've be ever had. And a very cool location, with (shuttle-able) trails that finish right there.

Lots of very cool trails in that area too. And lots of good beer.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
@johnbryanpeters will chime in I'm sure, but I think Sunny Hollow might be what you are looking for. Saxxon Hill too but a little farther.

edit: :stosh:

Been on my bucket list for a while and finally I get to go in June. Long story but basically my bother-in-law's best man is kind of a loser so I stepped up and booked my brother-in-laws bachelor party there based around an itinerary that I would enjoy (Sneaky but he enjoys the same stuff and is really happy) I've included a fishing charter and a limo to the breweries etc... and of course a water-front house. I'm probably going to be the only one to bring a bike but I would like to hit some of the flat trails around the city and out to South Hero.

Any of you locals have any recommendations on things to not miss?
What kind of trails are you seeking ("flat" sort of limits the options) and how close to Burlington do you wish to ride?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
What kind of trails are you seeking ("flat" sort of limits the options) and how close to Burlington do you wish to ride?
We’re staying on Mallets Bay. I’m really looking for recommendations on beer or food that shouldn’t be missed. I’m probably just going to ride the on the bike paths just to get out and about and see the area.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
We’re staying on Mallets Bay. I’m really looking for recommendations on beer or food that shouldn’t be missed. I’m probably just going to ride the on the bike paths just to get out and about and see the area.
Depending where you are on Mallet's Bay, you are approx. 4-6 miles to Sunny Hollow trailhead, in case you want to do some actual mountain biking.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
You can't get good fish and chips anywhere in the whole state. I would avoid it there. Syadasti lives there also. To risky for me....

gottobefree

Chimp
Feb 5, 2021
Embarrassed to say i read the title like a Burlington mom fucking Vermont somehow lmao. Was curious to see what she'd been up to

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
The bike path is fun.

For food, https://asinglepebble.com/
@johnbryanpeters : are the American Flatbread locations outside of Waitsfield as good as the one in Waistfield? or is it the location and atmosphere there that makes it so great? (Honest question, pretty much every time I go to Vermont I go to Waistfield (in part for the riding, in part for the Lareau Farm Inn experiencem, and in part for the excellent riding in the area)

@johnbryanpeters : are the American Flatbread locations outside of Waitsfield as good as the one in Waistfield? or is it the location and atmosphere there that makes it so great? (Honest question, pretty much every time I go to Vermont I go to Waistfield (in part for the riding, in part for the Lareau Farm Inn experiencem, and in part for the excellent riding in the area)
Yes, they are as good. I also recommend https://www.folinopizza.com/