Quantcast

Bush to ride with cycling champion Armstrong

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Bush to ride with cycling champion Armstrong

CRAWFORD, Texas (Reuters) - President George W. Bush, an avid cyclist, will test his mettle against Lance Armstrong when the cycling superstar visits the president's Texas ranch this weekend.

Armstrong, 33, a cancer survivor who has won seven straight Tour de France competitions, will ride with Bush, 59, on the 1,600-acre (650-hectare) ranch on Saturday.

"The president has said that Lance is an incredible inspiration to people from all walks of life, that he's a true American champion, so I think they'll enjoy their visit on Saturday," White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said on Tuesday.

Bush turned to mountain biking after a knee injury forced him to give up running. He took a small group of reporters on a two-hour ride on his ranch in the August heat last weekend. There was one rule -- no one overtakes the president.

Bush has had his share of spills, including during the G-8 summit in Scotland in July when he slid and collided with a police officer and suffered scrapes on his hands and arms.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Screw the ranch trail. Who wants to ride on a ranch in the middle of Tx. :dead: Now riding with Lance would probably be cool.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm still confused, will lance be riding a mtn bike?

Anybody remember years ago when someone (I think it was the Plum smuggler) posted a pic of race he was in and he took a pic of Lance racing a mtn bike. That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen on RM.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
I just think it's funny that Lance is going to ride with Bush, but Lance was a big Kerry supporter in the presidential election. I guess Armstrong really is setting himself up for a life in politics.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
El Jefe said:
I just think it's funny that Lance is going to ride with Bush, but Lance was a big Kerry supporter in the presidential election. I guess Armstrong really is setting himself up for a life in politics.
Well, I don't agree with Bush's policies but I would love to go on a ride with him. I mean come on, think of all the Bushisms! It would be hilarious.

"The best place for the facts to be done is by somebody who's spending time investigating it." —George W. Bush, on the probe into how CIA agent Valerie Plame's identity was leaked, Washington D.C., July 18, 2005

"I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep on the soil of a friend." —George W. Bush, on visiting Denmark, Washington D.C., June 29, 2005

"The relations with, uhh — Europe are important relations, and they've, uhh — because, we do share values. And, they're universal values, they're not American values or, you know — European values, they're universal values. And those values — uhh — being universal, ought to be applied everywhere." —George W. Bush, at a press conference with European Union dignitaries, Washington, D.C., June 20, 2005

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
OGRipper said:
Well, I don't agree with Bush's policies but I would love to go on a ride with him. I mean come on, think of all the Bushisms! It would be hilarious.

"The best place for the facts to be done is by somebody who's spending time investigating it." —George W. Bush, on the probe into how CIA agent Valerie Plame's identity was leaked, Washington D.C., July 18, 2005

"I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep on the soil of a friend." —George W. Bush, on visiting Denmark, Washington D.C., June 29, 2005

"The relations with, uhh — Europe are important relations, and they've, uhh — because, we do share values. And, they're universal values, they're not American values or, you know — European values, they're universal values. And those values — uhh — being universal, ought to be applied everywhere." —George W. Bush, at a press conference with European Union dignitaries, Washington, D.C., June 20, 2005
Yeah I guess it would be great to be able to hear some Bushisms and then quote them back to him.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Bush shows up to the ride:

-with roadie bike

-with shaved legs

-with yellow jersey... screamin' "Nobody passes tha president!"

-he wants to exhibit his sensitivity to Lance's lack of testicle, so he lops one off of his guards, swings it 'round his head and proclaims that he also only has one nut

-Bush looks at Lance, looks around, then says...."whaddya think Sheryl thinks of you ridin' with me?" (I marched directly next to her in last year's women's march)

-Bush gives Lance a sneer at the start and says "yeah, you've won the Tour Deee Frants, but how 'bout the Tour of Freedom?" then sets of in highest gear.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
^^^^Hahahaha, good stuff. But I imagine it more like this:

-Barbara shows up a little early, tells Lance he's not allowed to beat "her boy" or make him look bad or anything 'cuz he's very sensitive about looking foolish ever since his brother Jeb pulled down his pants at summer camp.

-GW shows up in a white Izod/Yale tennis outfit with a pink sweater tied around his neck and his helmet on backwards. Lance lets him stay in front as they ride a flat fireroad for 3 miles, with GW getting pushed by the secret service.

-GW never shuts up about "beating that one-nutted queer."

:evil:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:

Anybody remember years ago when someone (I think it was the Plum smuggler) posted a pic of race he was in and he took a pic of Lance racing a mtn bike. That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen on RM.
i saw him race the short track @ mt snow some years back.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
I wouldn't mind doing an MTB ride with the President. I may not like him as a President but I bet he has some cool as hell stories to tell.

Me: Yo George, tell us about some of the parties you attended while in college
George: Let me tell ya, I did some crazy things back in the day. Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
stosh said:

Mount Snow NCS 1999 Lance got 6th in XC after winning his first tour.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
DHanamal said:
Mount Snow NCS 1999 Lance got 6th in XC after winning his first tour.

the only reason he didn't win that ncs was b/c he couldn't descend to save his life. he literally ran or walked all of the sketchy sections. however, he climbed up mt snow like you've never seen anyone climb that ****ing mtn.