Quantcast

Busted or Failed?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I went camping and my trusty Canon SD200 seems to have paid the price. The screen appears to have cracked, under the protective layer of plastic.

I was really careful with it, so I don't know if it got crushed. I suppose it did somehow. But is there even a remote possibility that the thing just broke? I dunno, power surge or something?

It is now in the hands of warranty repair people for an estimate. I still have another year on my extended warranty (I know, stupid). I guess we'll see.

That new SD1000 looks pretty cool though...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The screen cracked?

Call Canon and inform them that a power surge from your alkaline batteries caused your screen to crack. See what they say :D

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Some of the extended warranties imply that any internal defect is covered by the warranty regardless of cause. I'd look at the bold print in the warranty and push for a free repair or replacement, you paid for it afterall. My dad got 2 free HP printers that way, the failure should have been considered normal wear and tear but the extended warranty ended up buying him a much better current model printer twice within the same warranty period.