Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Friend wanted to build an airplane, but not from scratch, so he bought a partially-built one that a guy was selling. Eventually he found out that the previous guy had built it out of alignment and shaved down the main wing spar to fit the wings into the fuselage. He told me it was ok though, because his mechanical engineer neighbor came over and looked at it and said it was alright. No, that is not alright.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Friend wanted to build an airplane, but not from scratch, so he bought a partially-built one that a guy was selling. Eventually he found out that the previous guy had built it out of alignment and shaved down the main wing spar to fit the wings into the fuselage. He told me it was ok though, because his mechanical engineer neighbor came over and looked at it and said it was alright. No, that is not alright.
John Denver approves.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
If YT was cool they would take it back and return it with a Guy Ferrari commemorative flame shirt paint job including protective wrap so it would stay presine forever however without fixing the bearing

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Without getting in to polemics and half truths, I am curious, did you find that spacer part #27 in there? If so, what's its purpose?
Actually have this question as well. If OP was "just following the diagram" wouldn't the lack of a spacer be a big red flag?

I standing by my statement that the shitty diagram was so shitty that he should have known it was shitty and stopped to inspect before shitting up the whole situation.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Actually have this question as well. If OP was "just following the diagram" wouldn't the lack of a spacer be a big red flag?

I standing by my statement that the shitty diagram was so shitty that he should have known it was shitty and stopped to inspect before shitting up the whole situation.
Trust The Plan Diagram™