Quantcast

Buying a pressure suit.

renorider40

Monkey
Aug 22, 2005
So I decided that I am going to buy a jacket since summer is approaching. I was looking at getting a 661 pressure suit. What are the real differences between the original (red) and the sp version (blue)? Any other suggestions that are less than $180? Thanks for any help.

925hell

Chimp
Mar 20, 2006
SLC, UT
The blue has less padding, around the biceps and triceps, maybe over the shoulderblades too. I would suggest dianese but since money is an option, I'm really not quite sure what to suggest. I've worn the SP-1 for three seasons and will be moving up to the dianese this season. The pressure suit as good as it is, is very short in the torso, I'm 6 feet tall and I have no coverage below my wait, so my sacrum and tail bone is exposed. The shoulder padding is good I opted for the blue because it felt less constrictive. Cheers JK

renorider40

Monkey
Aug 22, 2005
Ya I just saw the sette one yesterday when I was buying some pedals off of pricepoint. For those of you that have it, how is the airflow, it looks very hot. That would be a little problem, not huge, its just that it gets super hot here in the summer.

renorider40

Monkey
Aug 22, 2005
Whale thanks but I'm pretty sure i need a small maybe a medium. i'm going to try one on at the local shop first. i'm like 5'11 150 pounds.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
I've actually been checking out their stuff lately (ok, so I was looking at the Ladies Flak Jacket). What do you like best about it over the others? I may need to get my guy one for the summer too.
It's not hot, has alot of protection and everything is very adjustable, and it can be taken apart sorta.. so you could just were one part of the suit if you wanted. It' breaks down easily and it isnt very confining...like you can move easily despite beging an entire upper body suit.

Oct 9, 2006
New Pressure suits on Sierratradingpost.com for $109.99. That is cheaper than wholesale. So if you are looking for one they have them in all sizes when I was looking at them yesterday.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
It's not hot, has alot of protection and everything is very adjustable, and it can be taken apart sorta.. so you could just were one part of the suit if you wanted. It' breaks down easily and it isnt very confining...like you can move easily despite beging an entire upper body suit.
:thumb: That's the information I'm looking for! Thanks!!!!

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
:thumb: That's the information I'm looking for! Thanks!!!!
There were a couple of other things that I really took in to consideration that made me sway towards the Flakjacket as well. It's nice having the removable arms and just use it as a vest. They also updated the back so that it was removable last year.

Overall very comfy, and breathable. My only concerns are how durable the new mesh is. It is very breathable, but it looks like it could tear more easily. The jury is still out since I haven't had a lot of DH opportunities this year. After a few crashes I'll know for sure.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I had a pressure suit but it didn't fit me right so I sold it after one ride. I use the Azonic suit now and it works great for me. If I could have gotten ahold of one fast enough I probably would have gotten the Flak Jacket. I'm curious to try the Fox suit too, my only complaint with the Azonic is its a hair short for my 6'1" body.