Quantcast

C-Springs DH

GiveitHell

Chimp
Mar 9, 2007
Well, aparently no one wants to go to sea otter... But hopefully some of you that live in the springs want to do some DH shuttling one of these days. With the weather being nice like it is I'd imagine the trails are drying out a bit more. I don't know the trails very well, but have a truck that fits lots of bikes.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I'll be in Colorado springs (if that's what c-springs means) this coming weekend (wednesday through sunday) for a medical conference at the broadmoor. I would LOVE to do some shuttling if I can borrow a bike that is.

GiveitHell

Chimp
Mar 9, 2007
bone doc, if you want to just do some rent-a-bike x/c or something I'd be down for that, I know of some pretty decent trails close to the broadmore. I'm not a huge x/c rider but i'd be down to do some pedaling.

GiveitHell

Chimp
Mar 9, 2007
and if any one who actually knows the trails is down and has an extra bike for the doc, then i'd be WAY down for that.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
bone doc, if you want to just do some rent-a-bike x/c or something I'd be down for that, I know of some pretty decent trails close to the broadmore. I'm not a huge x/c rider but i'd be down to do some pedaling.
Yeah I'm not much of an XC rider either (read: fat and out of shape).

So since the Broadmoor consierge (sp) doesnt knwo what kind of bikes they rent, are there shops that rent bikes? I'd love to get some nice high DH runs in. I guess we'll see when I get out there! I'm looking forward to seeing what Colorado is like. Only other time I've been is a 1 hour layover in the Denver airport. w00t

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I just have to say to those of you living in or near C-springs: a friend and I hiked up lower/middle columbine and then came back down to the road and hiked up cutler mountain.... DAMN those are some friggin groomed trails. we actually made it another day over to the chutes, but didnt go up that trail. I hope you guys enjoy what you've got. Oh, and out here the little gravelly stuff that your trails are made of is called skree... I think... Keep rippin!

Jul 21, 2002
I would love to ride those Springs DH trails sometime soon. I know the area and some pretty unknown trail sections. I don't live there but I fly for free and can ride on short notice when the weather and timing are right.

GiveitHell

Chimp
Mar 9, 2007
yeah i'd be up for any riding, just let me know. sorry about the no show bone doc, work shipped me off to denver for the weekend on short notice.