Quantcast

California contemplates marijuana legalization.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Jesus ****ing christ, how much clearer do I have to be for you numbnuts?

IF POT GETS STRONGER IN THE FUTURE. IN THE FUTURE. IN THE FUTURE.

I am fully acknowledging that you cannot smoke yourself to death with today's pot, and certainly not with the pot of even 5 years ago. But it keeps getting stronger, and it doesn't get any harder to smoke. I have a lot of faith in industrial bio-chemists to engineer some **** that is exponentially stronger than what we have today if they desire.

I repeat (repeat repeat):
1) Pot should be labeled for THC content - no different than alcohol content is labeled.
2) If it gets too strong (in the FUTURE, mother****ers), it should be capped.

Christ.

edit - that ratio of effective:lethal is really useful. Thanks, Def.
I'll humor you. Today's most potent strains have ~ 20% THC content and you would have to smoke 1500 pounds in under 15 minutes to overdose.

.20 x 1500 = 300

So even if by some miracle of science you were able to craft a cannabis bud with 100% THC potency you would still need to smoke 300 pounds of it within 15 minutes to overdose.

Seeing as THC is destroyed by intense heat, and you would need to have a pretty intense flame/fire to combust 300 pounds in under 15 minutes...

I gotta call up Doc Brown and Marty McFly to fire up the Mr Fusion and go get some of this superpot from the future.

Also, to your point Ohio, I'm sure that there is a biological upper limit as to how high the content could be and still be considered a plant.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Jesus ****ing christ, how much clearer do I have to be for you numbnuts?

IF POT GETS STRONGER IN THE FUTURE. IN THE FUTURE. IN THE FUTURE.

I am fully acknowledging that you cannot smoke yourself to death with today's pot, and certainly not with the pot of even 5 years ago. But it keeps getting stronger, and it doesn't get any harder to smoke. I have a lot of faith in industrial bio-chemists to engineer some **** that is exponentially stronger than what we have today if they desire.

I repeat (repeat repeat):
1) Pot should be labeled for THC content - no different than alcohol content is labeled.
2) If it gets too strong (in the FUTURE, mother****ers), it should be capped.

Christ.

edit - that ratio of effective:lethal is really useful. Thanks, Def.
Why you gotta ruin everyone's buzzz, man?

:D

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I posed the topic of this discussion to an executive of a major cigarette company just a few minutes ago.

He said that there is not enough of a market to warrant the manufacturing costs and the legal expenses involved. I was certain that a tobacco company would jump on it. As it turns out it would not be cost effective for them to produce it just for one state.

thcrob

Chimp
Jan 22, 2009
Marijuana is a bigger industry than tobacco here in Kentucky.... How would it not be cost effective? The guy is a fool... Trying to protect his part of the pie... Just like cotton back in the day

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Marijuana is a bigger industry than tobacco here in Kentucky.... How would it not be cost effective? The guy is a fool... Trying to protect his part of the pie... Just like cotton back in the day
great god a'mighty i pick a bale a cotton
god a'mighty i pick a bale a day
got to jump down turn around pick a bale a cotton
got to jump down turn around pick a bale a day

sorry

one great thing about this legislation is that the taxes won't effect med users as far as i understand it.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I posed the topic of this discussion to an executive of a major cigarette company just a few minutes ago.

He said that there is not enough of a market to warrant the manufacturing costs and the legal expenses involved. I was certain that a tobacco company would jump on it. As it turns out it would not be cost effective for them to produce it just for one state.
i bet i know which tobacco company the exec worked for....surprised he still has a job considering the recent layoffs at our local tobacco giant ;)