Quantcast

Calling all wannabes

OB1

Monkey
Team Cyclepath's DH team is looking for a youth! This year, our 2 youths destroyed the competition. They have moved on to bigger things for 2010! Now we want to continue that tradition. Do you know a worthy kid? Bmx background? MX background? XC background? If they have talent on 2 wheels, we will train them as a DH'r. They will need to get a DH bike if they don't already have one. As a member of the team, we can help with that. So....this is an open call to all youths and parents! Let me know if you have someone in mind. And spread the word!

Who knows....they could be the next Jay Fesperman!

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Can you PM more details like race commitments, jersey costs, any discounts, geographic limitations etc. Since 4X and slalom are all but dead my 15 yr old has taken to DH pretty well. He's been on 2 wheels since he was 4.
Since our sponsoring shop went out of business we've been just been mercenaries.
We're in ATL but we hit the NC races when we can.

OB1

Monkey
do we have to be in the NC area?
Not absolutely necessary. But I prefer it.

Can you PM more details like race commitments, jersey costs, any discounts, geographic limitations etc. Since 4X and slalom are all but dead my 15 yr old has taken to DH pretty well. He's been on 2 wheels since he was 4.
Since our sponsoring shop went out of business we've been just been mercenaries.
We're in ATL but we hit the NC races when we can.
I'll go ahead and respond to all that right here. There is no "cost" to be on the team. Only benefits. Things like jerseys are provided free. You will have a standing shop discount on anything you want to buy as long as it is DIRECTLY related to racing. In other words, you con't get a team discount to buy a 20" bike for your little brother.:rofl: There is a 5 race requirement. I'll release the schedule as soon as it's ready. As of now, many of the races we will put on our team schedule have not laid down a date yet. But right now I CAN tell you the venues that WILL be part of our schedule. All 4 Snowshoe races. Any races at Clemson, Paris, Beech and Hawksnest. Others will be added.
To be on the team he would have to ride with us on any of our mountain rides so we could meet him. One of our Wilson Creek runs would be easy.

Last edited:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
I can vouch for both that this would be a great fit. Well if you guys are making
the commitment to racing at least five races Pete? Our team hung together
with their team last year and they have a great race program.
Steve if you can get the Waldecks serious about racing again you would be
picking up some good talent and the family is deep. 2 bros. 1 sis. 1 Dad
There will be a return of slalom this year and these kids were bmx champs.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Thanks Chuck. I'm teetering on buying Clint's Gambler for Adam. His commitment to serious racing hinges on him making the HS baseball team for obvious reasons. We'll go from there.
Where is Wilson's Creek? Besides under a foot of snow?
Maybe you guys could come down here and ride our trails since yours are in hibernation.lol

OB1

Monkey
Wilsons Creek tails are near the Brown Mountain ORV area. That's easy to look up. What's wrong with snow? You just have to put on your big boy pants and ride. Might want to bring some spare big boy pants to change into after.:D We go to Clemson now and then. But not in the next forseeable few weeks.

sneaky panda

Chimp
Dec 29, 2009
Nick Gragtmans is a good young rider, rides DH and Freeride. He is from Greenville, SC and 17 years old. He raced last season and had a few good finishes, but I saw him ride recently and hes a straight ripper now and doesn't have a team I don't think. Nick said hes been training all winter for next season so you may want to give him a shout.

RastaRider

Chimp
Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte, NC
OB1, I'm friends with Nick's older brother, Chris. Chris is Daniel's roomate in Asheville. We can easily hook that up for a ride. Speaking of ride, how about Thursday? Anywhere.