Quantcast

Campers

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
well shit Deal is done. Driving to Redmond OR next Saturday . Trading in the old camper and picking up the new one. I'm going to be spending the week off loading all my shit and scrubbing this camper clean

My new way more than I want but "yes Dear" camper. We got a good trade in on our old unit which is good cause no way in hell am I spending that sort of $$ on a camper

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
well shit Deal is done. Driving to Redmond OR next Saturday . Trading in the old camper and picking up the new one. I'm going to be spending the week off loading all my shit and scrubbing this camper clean

My new way more than I want but "yes Dear" camper. We got a good trade in on our old unit which is good cause no way in hell am I spending that sort of $$ on a camper

does it have space for a real espresso machine?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
does it have space for a real espresso machine?
yes but I will not carry anything that will break from driving down rocky forest service roads. Kiss principle is in effect that and only load up essential stuff need for that particular trip. In other words. in the space that a espresso machine would take up I can fit 24 cans of beer. Beer wins

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yes but I will not carry anything that will break from driving down rocky forest service roads. Kiss principle is in effect that and only load up essential stuff need for that particular trip. In other words. in the space that a espresso machine would take up I can fit 24 cans of beer. Beer wins
i got a minipresso right before vacation. was pretty impressed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that is what the espresso maker is on my stove is. Water in the bottom turns to steam which gets forced up though the finely ground beans in the middle and condenses in the top into glorious strong espresso to be poured into my waiting mug
mokas don't make enough pressure to brew espresso. strong coffee sure. technically my minipresso isn't real espresso either, but for it's size it's the closest thing I've found so far.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
lol

some flipper wrote that

prolly works on comission at auto mall and went to some acting agency to rent a kid.

and dont you dare challenge my view of humanity by telling me the kid is real
the kid isnt real, people are horrible, there is no good in the world. the kid should buy a newer bus anyway.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Looks posh. So much more room for activities with the dual slide outs.

3600 lbs dry, woof, thats hefty.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
spending the afternoon scrubbing the grime off the camper interior and tightening up loose fixtures. The more crap I get done now the less crap I have to deal with after work this week. who knew that a wire welding brush would come in so handy in a camper

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
Were leaving tomorrow for a week of camping. Its only a 60ish mile drive to the campground, but I figure a good chance to rinse the gray and black tanks. Has anyone ever tried a half cup of dish soap and some water down the grey? Seems like it may be a bubbly mess?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Were leaving tomorrow for a week of camping. Its only a 60ish mile drive to the campground, but I figure a good chance to rinse the gray and black tanks. Has anyone ever tried a half cup of dish soap and some water down the grey? Seems like it may be a bubbly mess?
I squirt a little dawn dish soap into the black tank on my way home to help break stuff up. A half cup seems way to excessive. Grey tank gets the soapy water from doing dishes so I never felt the need to add more soap to it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I squirt a little dawn dish soap into the black tank on my way home to help break stuff up. A half cup seems way to excessive. Grey tank gets the soapy water from doing dishes so I never felt the need to add more soap to it.
:stupid: A good squirt of Dawn is a good idea for the black tank.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
mokas don't make enough pressure to brew espresso. strong coffee sure. technically my minipresso isn't real espresso either, but for it's size it's the closest thing I've found so far.
I've got the Nanopresso (with the "barista" kit for doubles) and have been using it for a couple of years now. I like it.

It's not spectacular espresso, but it's decent and slides into the water bottle pouch on my backpack so it's hard to beat the portability. Jenn practically always has hot water on for her tea, and you can pack the little filter pods in advance, so it makes it really easy to just grab an espresso any time I want one.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Same. Never added to gray but I do give the black a squirt and sometimes even add a bit of ice to scrub around.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
It only took the two of us an hour to off load all the crap in the camper. All that left is to do a little scrubbing and It will be ready to trade in on Saturday. So glad we don't pack the camper with a lot of shit in every possible place with: "well some day we might need this " never gonna need crap