Quantcast

Campers

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
imagine the horror seeing that in your mirror on the highway. You might be able to pull over but there is stuff to hit.
On the freeway the rig starts to pull really hard to the right. You look in your mirror and OMG!

I forgot to flip my stairs up once, but I caught it before we hit the road out of camp.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Not convinced by the open water tank next to the battery/fuse box.

Pfft, the water tank in our Lance camper had a recess specifically for the fuse panel. I'm sure nobody in the history of ever could have predicted this might happen, but the tank just so happened to crack right there and partially fry things. :rofl:

One the first things I did when rebuilding all of that was relocate the fuse box under the sink. Not ideal, but gotta take what you can get sometimes.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That's an interesting snorkel/air filter setup. They running a cylindrical heavy equipment air filter? But also, NFW to split rims. :nope:

That setup is probably perfect for a single person traveling.

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
Hey! I have a first Gen tundra access cab 6.5' bed and looking for a topper. Anyone have any good recommendations? I'm open to just about anything except the pricey ones with all the doo-dads. I wouldn't mind mid-level doo-dadge....

Thanks!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Hey! I have a first Gen tundra access cab 6.5' bed and looking for a topper. Anyone have any good recommendations? I'm open to just about anything except the pricey ones with all the doo-dads. I wouldn't mind mid-level doo-dadge....

Thanks!
In general, all of the big companies (ARE, Leer, Snugtop) make a fairly comparable product, nothing that wildly differentiates one from another in my experience. Buy through FB marketplace if possible as prices for new toppers are stupid.

Windoors are nice, LED lights inside are nice, and I've preferred mid-height to cab high. Carpeted interior is a must. Aluminum shells are nice when built out but spartan otherwise, fiberglass is decent in most aspects.

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
Thanks Adventurous... I've been looking through the FB marketplace, C's list etc. yeah, some or most of the new ones are stupid spendy...at least for me

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Could have purchased an Airstream trailer. A newer one, not an older cooler one. It is still cool. Older GMC pickup to move it around with. All the bells and whistles. Lease for camping/parking spot with amenities built in. Everything. Just could not pull the trigger.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Only for SWB models now. DIY kit for $15k coming soon. Unsure if this has your fabled N-S bed, 6th.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Only for SWB models now. DIY kit for $15k coming soon. Unsure if this has your fabled N-S bed, 6th.
I've looked at them, can't remember what I wasn't keen on, maybe the lack of insulation.

If I didn't care about NS and indoor bike storage:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yeah thanks fellas. This is my 2015 Sprinter 2500 camper with ~120K miles. I'm looking at something like $4K for new leaf springs and links, etc., installed, and on top of that apparently the springs are on backorder with no clear delivery date. Happy friggin' new year to me. #theothersideofvanlife :shakefist:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Yeah thanks fellas. This is my 2015 Sprinter 2500 camper with ~120K miles. I'm looking at something like $4K for new leaf springs and links, etc., installed, and on top of that apparently the springs are on backorder with no clear delivery date. Happy friggin' new year to me. #theothersideofvanlife :shakefist:
They rarely break, so maybe inquire scrap yards?