Quantcast

Camping at Bromont

Lions

Chimp
Sep 16, 2008
Big yellow land
Has anyone ever camped out in the back lot of Bromont? A couple of us are planning on heading there for opening weekend and it looks like that is the best option (as compared to camping at one of these "modern-camping" campsites). Curious if there has ever been a problem with cops or people from the mountain.

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
I have done it a hand full of times and no problems. I'm not sure if thats because nobody cares, or because nobody found us. I would say just pick a spot off in a corner where you are less likely to be seen and their shouldn't be an issue. If their is just play dumb and leave.

tremkev

Chimp
Mar 2, 2011
You should go for the parking in the versant du lac. It's the word cup side of the montain. It's a smaller parking but will should be oki. I think this side of the montain will not be open but you can drive on the main side. So i think this is the P3. Enjoy

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
You should go for the parking in the versant du lac. It's the word cup side of the montain. It's a smaller parking but will should be oki. I think this side of the montain will not be open but you can drive on the main side. So i think this is the P3. Enjoy
If its the side of the hill where the World Cup has been the last couple years, then its the P5.

I havent tried camping there yet, but I might try...

Distil

Chimp
Jan 24, 2008
Bromont, Qc
This side of the moutain will be closed the opening weekend as you know, same thing with the parking lot. Locked with gates...

They are also starting the construction of the new lift (#6) in about 2 weeks so they'll probably be more surveillance on this side even if it's closed.

I would give a call at the National Cycling Center in Bromont to see if they accept camping. The rooms are pretty cheap also is you wanna pay a little.

450-534-3333

ocelot

Monkey
Mar 8, 2009
Canadastan
You should definitely go to the Versant du Lac. It's basically dead after the lifts are closed. Trust me I know.
I was once stupid enough to ride down that side right after the lifts closed... I was hoping when I realized my stupidity that there would at least be someone that could give me a lift to the other side lol.
Pedalling a DH bike uphill faaaaacking sucks!

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I camped one night in a buddy's Westphalia in the main lot. No worries. that would have been in 2002 though, so things might have changed!