Quantcast

Campy electric

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Campy electric

One of its nice touches is that front derailleur adjustment can be pre-programmed via a laptop computer to account for chain flex, should the rider leave the chain on the big ring at the front and use some of the larger cogs at the rear.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Seems rediculous to me. I have never had qualms with cable actuation and modern shifters, especially on a road bike where mud is not as much of an issue. Why the hell can't they put their R&D money into getting rid of the stupid ass derailleur??

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Wumpus said:
Campy electric

One of its nice touches is that front derailleur adjustment can be pre-programmed via a laptop computer to account for chain flex, should the rider leave the chain on the big ring at the front and use some of the larger cogs at the rear.
If you just trim your downtube friction shifter, you can accommodate chain flex without use of a laptop...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Wumpus said:
Campy electric

sounds like nothing but a gimick to me.

Noobs don't buy Campy (typically) so big-big combo doesn't usually happen except for a racer about to sprint... and who cares at the point. Are ya feelin' me?!

Plus, weight weenies won't go for it.

Westy said:
Why the hell can't they put their R&D money into getting rid of the stupid ass derailleur??
That's a rolhof (sp?) hub, right?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Sweet, now I can increase weight, add complexity and have a bunch of extra zip ties and cables mucking up a bike.

Time to get a road frame!

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
LordOpie said:
sounds like nothing but a gimick to me.

Noobs don't buy Campy (typically) so big-big combo doesn't usually happen except for a racer about to sprint... and who cares at the point. Are ya feelin' me?!
I think they are trying to solve the problem of the chain rubbing the front derailleur in a big-big combo? I assume they meant chainstay flex, which could cause the chain to rub the derailleur cage. You are right though, it is gimmicky to market that as a strength of the system. I know some roadies who would buy it though. Of course then campy would probably have to make one in a triple.

The Ito